Cheapest computer for HULU possible

p3matty

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
I'm looking to build an EXTREMELY cheap computer who's only use in life will be accessing sites like HULU (or ABC, Fox, NBC, CBS, and ESPN) directly to watch content. No gaming, no real storage needs to speak of, I really don't even need a DVD drive, though I have an extra one so I'll most likely be using it. I would, though, like the thing to be able to stream HD content from these sites. It will be connected (via either VGA or DVI) to a 50" HDTV.

Parts I already have sitting around -
Cheap case
Antec 430 watt Earthwatts PSU
2 GB DDR2 800 RAM
DVD-ROM or /RW, don't really remember, not terribly important
Windows XP OS
120GB HD (again, I think), it's old, but no data on this computer will be terribly important if it dies
8600GT

So, just a MOBO and a CPU, or am I missing something here? Any recommendations for what I need, and remember, CHEAP!!

malveaux

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
Heya,

There's `possible' and there's `budget, with room to change if needed.' I'll go with the later. You can browse newegg yourself for the cheapest possible. Cheap doesn't always mean worth it, by the way.

Anyhow, budget recommendation:

Motherboard
CPU with Fan/Heatsink

Like, $115 with free shipping. Neither are garbage either. Good solid X2 5000+ cpu on a capable board with good reviews, room to expand and change things up if you need to in the future.

Cheers,