adreen

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
After 3 months of contemplating and trolling comp sites, it's finally done!
This was my first ever build. It took a solid 4 hours, but the satisfaction of building this beast was worth it!
Anywho, I would appreciate some opinions/suggestions on cable management, or anything relating to my comp actually!
I'm completely clueless about cable management, I kinda just stuck everything behind the hard drive housing and hoped the back panel would fit. Freaking TX750w went all out on connectors! Time for them to come out with a modular am I right?
Time to run some benchies :love:
Enjoy! Be gentle.

Picture004.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

temp.jpg

Are my temps good?
Seems kind of high compared to some other e8400 owners.
I'm running an OCZ Vendetta+OCZ Freeze Extreme thermal paste on a EVGA 750w FTW.
Also which temps represent the most accurate measurement?
I'm a noooooob, no desktops in the last 5 years.

Good job.

There is a case fan on top of the CPU. 120mm it looks like, blowing out the top.

Personally, I'd put a 120mm behind the CPU blowing out the rear. That's the direction your CPU heatsink is blowing anyhow, help that hot air remove itself. ;)

Do you have any front side intake fans?

Your temps are fine. Core 0 and Core 1 are your CPU cores. Those are the temps that mean something. At 31C & 32C you're doing perfectly well.

Your GPU I think shows 45C (I can't blow up the image and it's hard to see). That's also very good.

adreen

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
haha ya, it's the antec 300, it only came with 2.
i put the rear one in the front for intake, just to test it.
i'm gonna run out and buy this http://canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=019574&cid=FN.505
it comes in a 4-pack! so fans everywhere! muahaha.
anyone know if they're any good? seems great for the price!

I also want to get a NF-P12 http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=27129
and attach it to my OCZ Vendetta for more cpu cooling...is it worth it? Another 20 bucks, almost the cost of the HSF itself!

my cable management is good? haha, anyway i could make it even better!? without going to modular :p

sorry for the terrible pic.
GPU 45c
system 121c (wtf? i'm guessing that's the glitch or whatever that i've been reading about?)
cpu 33c
aux 36c
hd0 23c
temp1 40c (wtf is this?)
core 0 30c
core 1 32c
core 44c (what's the diff between this and core 0/1+cpu?)

M3d

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
All that power and still running XP....what a shame. J/K :)

Those 2 80mm fans on the ram look very nice. how is the noise on those things?

adreen

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006

haha, i'm waiting on my vista ultimate, no rush! :)
kinda sux i'm capped at 3gb tho.

adreen

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006

woops missed ur question!
i don't know how well they cool, but i'm not a big fan of the noise.
it's easily the loudest component on my system, it's not THAT bad, but at 100% it gets annoying, i couldn't really sleep while i was formatting at night. luckily i had speedfan and just turned it off :)
currently it's running at 3000rpm, it is tolerable, but once u turn it off u notice the difference in noise.
i'm gonna overclock, so i'm sure it'll come in handy!
i'm pretty picky...also it's because i currently have the system right next to me for debugging and whatnot, once it's under the desk it should be better.