Am I Missing Anything for my New Build?

phillies

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2005
Thanks to the help on this board I have finally ordered most of the parts for my new system minus Vista. I was thinking, am I going to need to buy a fan/heatsink for my cpu? I ordered a E8500 and I'm thinking no heatsink will be included. What about cables? I have some SATA cables around. I would hate to start building my system only to realize I forgot to get one little small tiny thing.....

I believe E8500 is only sold retail, and so will come in a box with a cooler. A new motherboard will come with a few SATA cables.

Other than that, I can't tell you much without a link to your build, at least.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
Got these?

Cpu
Gpu
Thermal paste
Motherboard
Power supply
HDD
Rom drive
Case
OS

Then you r good to go...
The only thing I could see having an issue with is if you require a longer SATA for disk drive or HDD... The provided cables are long enough 95% of the time.

phillies

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2005
Yea, I have all those things, or at least I will by the time everything arrives at my door over the next week. But I don't have any thermal paste though.......

Thanks,

phillies

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2005
Intel e8500, Asus P5Q Pro, 4 gig ram, GTX 260+, PC Power and Cooling SILENCER 750W psu, and I think that covers the important stuff. The monitor is from my old system and I think I'll have to go find the HDMI or whatever cable you call that as my old system used the older cable whatever that is... lol