Which gskill memory is better?

The PI should be newer (released in September 2008). However it looks like the HK has been updated (lower voltage and different timings than the previous version). The PI has better heat spreaders, but if you don't overclock, the HK should be as good and it's less expensive.

ragsters

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2007
That's the thing. I do plan to overclock to at least 450mhz. I also like the idea of shorter heat spreaders for clearance with my coolermaster hyper z600.

ragsters

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2007
Do you know if newegg will exchange the PI kit that I recently purchased for the HK kit? I didn't know that I would need the clearance for my heatsink.

I don't know. You could contact customer service and explain the height was a problem. They may. Those tall HS's definately will not work in my Micro builds. Maybe just ask to return it for that reason. Then buy the other one on your own.

ragsters

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2007
I was able to get a refund from newegg but before I return the ram I would like to know if the blue sticks will be short enough to fit under my heatsink fan. Do you have the measurements of the height of the ram?

The blue heatsink is 1 1/8" tall. If you add the additional 1/8" height between the bottom of the blue HS to the hilt of the DIMM after MB insertion, the total height needed would be 1 1/4".