Sign in with
Your question

Hp pavilion slimline s7510n cpu upgrade

Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
March 7, 2009 2:57:04 PM

hi
i have an HP slimline s7510n PC with an Intel Celeron M 380 processor i was wondering what i could upgrade this processor to to make my PC run like a bat out of hell..
i was also wondering if anyone knew whaere i could find a graphics card for this model PC?
March 7, 2009 8:01:43 PM

You can check the HP web site for info. Don't get your hopes up, as chances are that the BIOS, power, and/or cooling systems won't be able to handle anything much more powerful. Similarly, for an add-on graphics card, you'll have to verify that the power supply is sufficient for the card and that the card will physically fit in the case.
March 30, 2009 3:33:38 AM

Sure you can upgrade...I put an Intel Quad Core Q9550s in mine. As long as the processor is 65 watts upgrades are possible with Slimlines....try BFG 9400GT low profile video card...Cheers
March 30, 2009 4:42:47 AM

rebrab1954 said:
Sure you can upgrade...I put an Intel Quad Core Q9550s in mine. As long as the processor is 65 watts upgrades are possible with Slimlines....try BFG 9400GT low profile video card...Cheers

Please explain how you put a desktop LGA 775 processor into a mobile Socket 479 machine? This should be good.

You obviously don't have the same system as the OP's.

To the OP: you should be able to upgrade to a Pentium M. Depending upon the Chipset in your system, you may be able to get one with 533 fsb. Otherwise, stick with 400MHz fsb Pentium Ms to be on the safe side. The fastest Pentium M is 2.2GHz, I believe.
!