Same sims, different neighborhoods

Is there any way to move families from one neighborhood to another? How
about having duplicate houses within the same neighborhood (or even
different neighborhoods) without having to build each one of them by hand?

Jeanie -- just now learning this game
8 answers Last reply
More about same sims neighborhoods

    > Is there any way to move families from one neighborhood to another? How
    > about having duplicate houses within the same neighborhood (or even
    > different neighborhoods) without having to build each one of them by hand?

    You can go to a particular family in question, and export the lot, and save
    it to file. Once exported, you will find it in C:\Documents and Settings\My
    Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\PackagedLots. Double click on it to install it
    into the game, and it'll be there waiting to install into any 'hood you
    want. You can do the same with homes. I've built my own fully furnished
    starter home, and have installed many copies into my neighborhoods.

    > Is there any way to move families from one neighborhood to another? How
    > about having duplicate houses within the same neighborhood (or even
    > different neighborhoods) without having to build each one of them by hand?

    I do this all the time, Jeanie. In fact on one road I have three identical
    houses - furniture and fitting as well.

    Just design your house without moving the Sims in. You can furnish it or
    not, whatever, then save it as a package.
    The next time you leave the game (if ever) just goto your program's package
    file and you can install the house as many times as you need.
    I just alter the outsides a bit, trees, etc. Dead lazy, me.

    I would like to do a small neighbourhood with just one house - a sort of
    estate?. Trouble is I can never decide 'which' house.

    Naturally, this will place the price of the house out of range of starter
    Sims. Just pop in a small empty plot and use it as a cheat 'motherlode'
    field. Dump your Sims in there. Motherlode them a few hundred thousand
    8)))). Put them back in the bin then move them into their nice furnished
    house.

    It is at this point, as the kitchen goes up in flames, you realise you
    forgot to add a smoke alarm...... In all ten houses. And the Sims will hate
    everything. Curtains, telephones, chairs.....

    Granny CApple

    Jeanie waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose (OOPS!) -
    tried again and came up with:
    > Is there any way to move families from one neighborhood to another?
    > How about having duplicate houses within the same neighborhood (or
    > even different neighborhoods) without having to build each one of
    > them by hand?
    >
    > Jeanie -- just now learning this game

    Sims 1 or Sims 2? You didn't say which.

    --
    --- Mike --- http://www.livin-it-up.net
    Member of eKoOK (evil Kult of Object Kreators)

    Granny Crabapple wrote:
    > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
    >> Is there any way to move families from one neighborhood to another?
    >> How about having duplicate houses within the same neighborhood (or
    >> even different neighborhoods) without having to build each one of
    >> them by hand?
    >>
    > I do this all the time, Jeanie. In fact on one road I have three
    > identical houses - furniture and fitting as well.
    >
    > Just design your house without moving the Sims in. You can furnish it
    > or not, whatever, then save it as a package.
    > The next time you leave the game (if ever) just goto your program's
    > package file and you can install the house as many times as you need.
    > I just alter the outsides a bit, trees, etc. Dead lazy, me.
    >
    > I would like to do a small neighbourhood with just one house - a sort
    > of estate?. Trouble is I can never decide 'which' house.
    >
    > Naturally, this will place the price of the house out of range of
    > starter Sims. Just pop in a small empty plot and use it as a cheat
    > 'motherlode' field. Dump your Sims in there. Motherlode them a few
    > hundred thousand 8)))). Put them back in the bin then move them into
    > their nice furnished house.
    >
    > It is at this point, as the kitchen goes up in flames, you realise you
    > forgot to add a smoke alarm...... In all ten houses. And the Sims
    > will hate everything. Curtains, telephones, chairs.....
    >
    > Granny CApple

    Well, I just want the same house style for a whole block, kind of like a
    modern housing development -- or even a trailer park. I'd decorate each one
    as I move families in. I'll fire up the game and see if I can figure out
    how to save it as a package. Is there a command I'm missing somewhere?

    Jeanie

    Ohmikeghod wrote:
    > Jeanie waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose (OOPS!)
    > - tried again and came up with:
    >> Is there any way to move families from one neighborhood to another?
    >> How about having duplicate houses within the same neighborhood (or
    >> even different neighborhoods) without having to build each one of
    >> them by hand?
    >>
    >> Jeanie -- just now learning this game
    >
    > Sims 1 or Sims 2? You didn't say which.

    I'm sorry. Sims 2. I'm a house building nut and if I can figure out how to
    save them and upload them somewhere, I can share them. I'm still trying to
    figure out where the screenshots are being saved, too. I can't even share
    pictures of my masterpeices in the binaries without knowing that. I'm so
    dumb sometimes.

    Jeanie

    Ha! Grabbed post via google.

    > Well, I just want the same house style for a whole block, kind of like a
    > modern housing development -- or even a trailer park. I'd decorate each
    > one
    > as I move families in. I'll fire up the game and see if I can figure out
    > how to save it as a package. Is there a command I'm missing somewhere?

    yars, and I can't rememebr at which stage you find it.
    build house without Sims... Then back to neighbourhood... then I am pretty
    sure you select the house and there is a little package icon to the left of
    the house description box. Option to send to Sims, or save to file. Save to
    file puts it in your main Sims packages folder.

    i think. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

    Also you can't exit the game and goto the package file and just keep
    installing the same house over and over again. You have to install it once,
    enter the game and remove it from the house bin, then exit again and
    reinstall the wretched thing.
    This takes time, but is worth it if you want a whole area filled with the
    same house.

    I have a millionaires row, of BIG houses, and other area of smaller, starter
    homes, all the same. Well, I did once, anyway. Currently have three the same
    For Sherlocks' house, Moriarty, and an empty one between them. All very
    Victorian.
    Over the way have three Flint Cottages in a row. Men in kilts live in those.

    > I'm sorry. Sims 2. I'm a house building nut and if I can figure out how
    > save them and upload them somewhere, I can share them. I'm still trying
    > figure out where the screenshots are being saved, too.

    main Sims folder, the one in 'Your Documents' whatever, wherever it is.
    EAGames. Sims2, then Snapshops are all in the 'Storytelling' folder..

    And you will find hundreds of pictures in there. Horrifies at first. Pain in
    the neck.

    I can't even share
    > pictures of my masterpeices in the binaries without knowing that. I'm so
    > dumb sometimes.

    Not dumb, just newish. 8))
    I bounced off the walls when I started. Still am bouncing, as anyone here
    will tell you.
    Maxis has not made it very easy for new users this time. 8(

    Granny.

    Ok, I did the save file, it saved my program. Now when I try to uninstall
    the package, nothing happens. I am using XP, 3 users, me, my wife and just a
    area for the Sims, can I move the file to a different account? Meaning,
    package my house, and move the package icon to a different area, and extract
    it?

    --
    "black market halo" <voodoo@yourplace.org> wrote in message

    > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
    >> Is there any way to move families from one neighborhood to another? How
    >> about having duplicate houses within the same neighborhood (or even
    >> different neighborhoods) without having to build each one of them by
    >> hand?
    >>
    > You can go to a particular family in question, and export the lot, and
    > save
    > it to file. Once exported, you will find it in C:\Documents and
    > Settings\My
    > Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\PackagedLots. Double click on it to install
    > it
    > into the game, and it'll be there waiting to install into any 'hood you
    > want. You can do the same with homes. I've built my own fully furnished
    > starter home, and have installed many copies into my neighborhoods.

Sims Games Video Games