Msconfig doesn't work anymore

I am wondering why my msconfig does not work on my
WindowsXP computer. I love this little programm that
allows me to configure stuff like what I want to startup
when windows loads etc.

I try to open msconfig from "Run" in the start menu, but
it siply does not open, I am confised. and not sure
when the problem started, or how to solve it, but I
should add that my tast manager is not opening. it acts
like its goning to, but then stops.
please help someone email me.
1 answer Last reply
More about msconfig doesn work anymore

    Greetings --

    If the application is opening briefly and then immediately
    closing, the type of behavior you describe, which also often applies
    to Taskmgr.exe and Regedit.exe, is typical behavior of more than one
    virus/worm, the three below being the most common:

    W32.Klez
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.e@mm.html

    W32.Yaha
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.yaha.c@mm.html

    W32.Spybot.Worm
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.spybot.worm.html

    Because many of the newer viruses and worms, such as the
    Spybot mentioned above, can disable antivirus applications whose
    definitions aren't kept up-to-date, try using one or more of the free
    on-line scanners to double-check your system.

    Trend Micro - Free online virus Scan
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

    McAfee Security - FreeScan
    http://www.mcafee.com/myapps/mfs/default.asp

    Symantec Security Check
    http://security.symantec.com/ssc/home.asp

    Bruce Chambers

    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. -- RAH

    "Yoshi" <dark_yoshix@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I am wondering why my msconfig does not work on my
    > WindowsXP computer. I love this little programm that
    > allows me to configure stuff like what I want to startup
    > when windows loads etc.
    >
    > I try to open msconfig from "Run" in the start menu, but
    > it siply does not open, I am confised. and not sure
    > when the problem started, or how to solve it, but I
    > should add that my tast manager is not opening. it acts
    > like its goning to, but then stops.
    > please help someone email me.

Configuration Msconfig Windows XP