Msconfig doesn't work anymore

April 9, 2004 8:08:48 AM

I am wondering why my msconfig does not work on my
WindowsXP computer. I love this little programm that
allows me to configure stuff like what I want to startup
when windows loads etc.

I try to open msconfig from "Run" in the start menu, but
it siply does not open, I am confised. and not sure
when the problem started, or how to solve it, but I
should add that my tast manager is not opening. it acts
like its goning to, but then stops.
please help someone email me.

More about : msconfig work anymore

Anonymous
April 9, 2004 12:44:03 PM

Greetings --

If the application is opening briefly and then immediately
closing, the type of behavior you describe, which also often applies
to Taskmgr.exe and Regedit.exe, is typical behavior of more than one
virus/worm, the three below being the most common:

W32.Klez
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data...

W32.Yaha
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data...

W32.Spybot.Worm
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data...

Because many of the newer viruses and worms, such as the
Spybot mentioned above, can disable antivirus applications whose
definitions aren't kept up-to-date, try using one or more of the free
on-line scanners to double-check your system.

Trend Micro - Free online virus Scan
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

McAfee Security - FreeScan
http://www.mcafee.com/myapps/mfs/default.asp