• Heatsinks
  • Cooling
  • CPUs
  • Intel i5
  • Overclocking
  • Product
Last response: in Overclocking
May 3, 2010 12:27:52 AM

I built my computer in november and i have been using the stock cooler since then. What is a good cpu cooler that i do not need to access the back of my motherboard to install. I was thinking of getting Thermaltake Silent
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
My case is a Raidmax Smilodon
MB: Asus P7P55 LX
Thanks for your help

More about : 750 cpu cooler

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
May 3, 2010 2:04:23 AM

You can go with that, but read the reviews, some report issues with the HSF not seating properly with the push-pins. Please rethink your plan, you have better 120mm HSF options if you remove the motherboard.
m
l
May 3, 2010 2:16:26 AM

ok thanks. well im not planning on overclocking the cpu, just looking for somthing that is better than the stock cpu fan that is under 30$. Any recommendations?
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
May 3, 2010 2:47:46 AM

I'd Highly recommend the Hyper 212+ for that price range, however it requires removing the motherboard.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
May 3, 2010 5:12:09 AM

+1 what EXT64 said.

The Coolermaster Hyper 212+ is an excellent value. If you are in the USA and shop carefully you can usually find it on sale for $29.99.

You will have to access the rear of the motherboard to install any of the tower style cpu heatsinks because they require a backplate.
m
l
May 3, 2010 5:20:05 AM

If you aren't planning to overclock then the stock cooler should be more than adequate for heat. Are you shooting for more quiet?

In general, better coolers require the backplate.
m
l
May 3, 2010 4:30:09 PM

ok thanks every one i think im gonna go with the Hyper 212+. i just didnt feel like taking my computer apart. I wanna get a new cooler becasue it is starting to get warmer and the last two days were close to 90 and it was running lound and faster so i just wanted to get a better fan to keep it cool in the summer.
m
l
May 10, 2010 3:00:31 AM

Best answer selected by rjb0805.
m
l
!