Continuous short beeps with no display

PeEll

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
I just bought a Zotac motherboard (nforce 750a), and after I got everything setup and tried to power it on, all I get is a continuous series of short beeps. I have since tried a couple of power supplies, tried removing each piece of attached peripherals (has onboard video), and I always get the same thing.

One strange thing I have noticed is that flipping the PSU switch will start the machine, even if the case headers aren't installed, resulting in the same series of short beeps.

What should I try next? Does anyone know for sure what the beep I receiving means? I am suspecting the motherboard is just bad.

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
Is your video properly plugged in and powered up????
Are you in or out of the case??
Check your bios on the net for beep codes ??
I had this happen to me once,,took it back to the store they plugged it in,,worked fine,,
soooo I plugged it in outside the case,worked fine,installed it and am still using it,,never did figure out what it was,the only thing comes to mind,,might have been a bad connection that did not look so,,who knows,split milk,still,,,,.:)

PeEll

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
Video is onboard, and I have connected a monitor, but no signal comes from the computer.
I am in the case, and I have tried removing and reconnecting everything a couple of times.
I have connected the 24-pin and the 4+4 pin power cables.
I have switched the jumper settings to "clear" and back to "keep settings".

It's strange, I can't find the bios type listed physically on the board, or in any of the manuals. Is there an easy way to figure out the bios type, to help me look up the beep code?