Twice now I've had a Sim paint a portrait of another Sim (for hanging
purposes) and it's come out dark. The first time I thought the light
was bad so I hung a light over the subject but the second one came out
just as bad.

Also, does anyone else have a problem with framing? The painter Sim
stands so close to the subject that when I try to frame the subject the
painter's arm or head is in the way.

--
--Cuth

> Also, does anyone else have a problem with framing? The painter Sim
> stands so close to the subject that when I try to frame the subject the
> painter's arm or head is in the way.

Do it as a still life then the subject can be somewhere further away.

Gareeth

How come I can't get my Sims to paint a portrait of another Sim? I've tried
putting the easel in the middle of the room and I've tried clicking on both
Sims. Nothing seems to work. I have a feeling it's something really obvious
that I'm missing. Help!?!

Kathy

"Kathy" <kfh@pcez.com> wrote in message
> How come I can't get my Sims to paint a portrait of another Sim? I've
> tried putting the easel in the middle of the room and I've tried clicking
> on both Sims. Nothing seems to work. I have a feeling it's something
> really obvious that I'm missing. Help!?!

They don't get that option until they have enough creativity points.

Gareeth

At least 5

--
- D

Gareeth wrote:

> Do it as a still life then the subject can be somewhere further away.
>
> Gareeth

Yeah, that works better. I have one Sim family where it's
tradition to have a portrait painted of the happy couple at
their wedding. I always have them sit on the couch in their
wedding clothes and cuddle, then have a sim paint them as a
still life. That way they don't have to sit there while the
painting is finished, either. You can have the painter sim
go away and then come back and "resume painting still life."
I haven't had much luck with the "paint portrait" option, either.

Laura

Laura Castellano <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Yeah, that works better. I have one Sim family where it's
>tradition to have a portrait painted of the happy couple at
>their wedding. I always have them sit on the couch in their
>wedding clothes and cuddle, then have a sim paint them as a
>still life. That way they don't have to sit there while the
>painting is finished, either.

I use paintings for a gallery of ancestral portraits. In a house which is
intended to last for several generations, I have built some sort of
crypt. Therein, the urns of the patriarchs shall be gathered beneath
their portraits, for their commemoration in forthcoming generations.

--
Philipp Lucas
phlucas@online-club.de

Philipp Lucas wrote:

> I use paintings for a gallery of ancestral portraits. In
> a house which is intended to last for several
> generations, I have built some sort of crypt. Therein,
> the urns of the patriarchs shall be gathered beneath
> their portraits, for their commemoration in forthcoming
> generations.

And what willt thou do about all the ghostses?

T.

"Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote:

>Philipp Lucas wrote:
>> I use paintings for a gallery of ancestral portraits. In
>> a house which is intended to last for several
>> generations, I have built some sort of crypt. Therein,
>> the urns of the patriarchs shall be gathered beneath
>> their portraits, for their commemoration in forthcoming
>> generations.
>And what willt thou do about all the ghostses?

In the Gothic's house, the ghosts do not seem to do much, and there are
plenty of tombstones. If there are really bad effects from ghost, I have
yet to see them.

--
Philipp Lucas
phlucas@online-club.de

Laura Castellano wrote:

> Yeah, that works better. I have one Sim family where it's
> tradition to have a portrait painted of the happy couple at
> their wedding. I always have them sit on the couch in their
> wedding clothes and cuddle, then have a sim paint them as a
> still life. That way they don't have to sit there while the
> painting is finished, either. You can have the painter sim

FYI, you can do this with the "portrait" option too. So long as the Sim
is posed when the painter starts the work, that's all that matters.

--
--Cuth

> FYI, you can do this with the "portrait" option too. So long as the Sim
> is posed when the painter starts the work, that's all that matters.

No it isn't. The subject will always need to be awake or in the house for
the painting to get worked on after the initial posing. They don't need to
actually pose but it is more limited than the still life option.

Gareeth

Kathy wrote:
> How come I can't get my Sims to paint a portrait of another Sim? I've tried
> putting the easel in the middle of the room and I've tried clicking on both
> Sims. Nothing seems to work. I have a feeling it's something really obvious
> that I'm missing. Help!?!

They have to get a certain number of creativity points--six or seven or
something like that--before the options for still life and portrait
become available. Early in a Sim's painting experience, when they have
few points, you'll notice they paint very childish things. As they
accrue more skill points, they get better.

--
--Cuth

ali

Philipp Lucas wrote:
> "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote:
>

>>Philipp Lucas wrote:
>>
>>>I use paintings for a gallery of ancestral portraits. In
>>>a house which is intended to last for several
>>>generations, I have built some sort of crypt. Therein,
>>>the urns of the patriarchs shall be gathered beneath
>>>their portraits, for their commemoration in forthcoming
>>>generations.
>>
>>And what willt thou do about all the ghostses?
>

> In the Gothic's house, the ghosts do not seem to do much, and there are
> plenty of tombstones. If there are really bad effects from ghost, I have
> yet to see them.

The last time I played the Goth house a ghost materialized right in
Mortimer's face and scared him so bad he peed himself! I was laughing
my a** off. A little while after that the "See A Ghost" want appeared
in his aspiration cue.

Ali

Philipp Lucas wrote:

> "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote:
> > Philipp Lucas wrote:
> > > I use paintings for a gallery of ancestral portraits.
> > > In a house which is intended to last for several
> > > generations, I have built some sort of crypt. Therein,
> > > the urns of the patriarchs shall be gathered beneath
> > > their portraits, for their commemoration in
> > > forthcoming generations.
> > And what willt thou do about all the ghostses?
> In the Gothic's house, the ghosts do not seem to do much,
> and there are plenty of tombstones. If there are really
> bad effects from ghost, I have yet to see them.

I found them to be a real pain. Let us know if anything exciting
happens!

T.