GA-MA790GP-UD4H onboard Video

richardh_02

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
Hello, I just built a new system with the GA-MA790GP-UD4H intending to use the onboard video. It booted up fine and installed vista x64. I then ran all the updates, installed daemon tools lite and rebooted to have both the updates and daemon tools finish their install.
However, upon reboot there was no video signal at all, no BIOS flash screen or anything. I threw in my old video card from my last rig and was able to boot into windows. The onboard video adapter was not listed in the device manager. So I flashed the CMOS and reinstalled vista to no avail. Should I just go ahead and RMA this ah heck? Thanks in advance.

Richard

edit.

I did check in the BIOS to make sure that onboard video was enabled, and even tried manually setting it to DVI to no avail.

The onboard video on the AMD chipsets disables itself, usually, if it detects a dedicated card that it's not going to do hybrid crossfireX with. Take out your dedicated card and try again. If you still get no video signal reset the CMOS. Failing that RMA it.