Problem With My 9600GT

Hi,
I am new to building computers but have recently been help to build my own but i am having some trouble with my graphics card... Firstly sometimes when i start the computer the fan makes a horrible whining sound which I can stop by stopping the fan by hand and then letting it go again. The second problem is more serious and when i am playing ETQW i lose all display and my monitor displays a "no input". But when i then start up the computer again it displays perfectly fine. Any Help musch appreciated.
Thanks,
Andrew
4 answers Last reply
More about problem 9600gt
  1. Sounds like the fan on the card may be failing and that when you game, the card overheats. May want to check the warranty on it.
  2. Thanks will check it and replace it
  3. #1 the card may be low on power
    #2 check pcie cable if properly inserted
    #3 psu may be insufficient
    #4 card must be defective
    #5 if you're not doing anything, i mean when its your free time.check the backside of the card and spot if theres a blown out transistor.
    #6 call tech support. caution: may irritate you instead of help you.

these are the things that i did when my old 9600gt started acting freaky. luckily it was replaced.
  4. wh3resmycar said:
    #1 the card may be low on power
    #2 check pcie cable if properly inserted
    #3 psu may be insufficient
    #4 card must be defective
    #5 if you're not doing anything, i mean when its your free time.check the backside of the card and spot if theres a blown out transistor.
    #6 call tech support. caution: may irritate you instead of help you.

these are the things that i did when my old 9600gt started acting freaky. luckily it was replaced.

lol thnks but it must have been the card i have replaced it with a 9600GT OC and had no problems
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics