Sign in with
Your question

Problem With My 9600GT

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 6, 2009 6:52:33 PM

Hi,
I am new to building computers but have recently been help to build my own but i am having some trouble with my graphics card... Firstly sometimes when i start the computer the fan makes a horrible whining sound which I can stop by stopping the fan by hand and then letting it go again. The second problem is more serious and when i am playing ETQW i lose all display and my monitor displays a "no input". But when i then start up the computer again it displays perfectly fine. Any Help musch appreciated.
Thanks,
Andrew

More about : problem 9600gt

a b U Graphics card
January 7, 2009 2:31:24 AM

Sounds like the fan on the card may be failing and that when you game, the card overheats. May want to check the warranty on it.
m
l
January 7, 2009 12:46:33 PM

Thanks will check it and replace it
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 7, 2009 1:41:33 PM

#1 the card may be low on power
#2 check pcie cable if properly inserted
#3 psu may be insufficient
#4 card must be defective
#5 if you're not doing anything, i mean when its your free time.check the backside of the card and spot if theres a blown out transistor.
#6 call tech support. caution: may irritate you instead of help you.

these are the things that i did when my old 9600gt started acting freaky. luckily it was replaced.
m
l
January 11, 2009 7:48:59 AM

wh3resmycar said:
#1 the card may be low on power
#2 check pcie cable if properly inserted
#3 psu may be insufficient
#4 card must be defective
#5 if you're not doing anything, i mean when its your free time.check the backside of the card and spot if theres a blown out transistor.
#6 call tech support. caution: may irritate you instead of help you.

these are the things that i did when my old 9600gt started acting freaky. luckily it was replaced.

lol thnks but it must have been the card i have replaced it with a 9600GT OC and had no problems
m
l
!