(TS2) Ghosts and my Victorian House

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

Ok....I have been making my sim Ivy meditate like crazy and she has killed
(by electrocution, drowning, flies) 6 Townies and yet still no ghosts...
She has 4 urns inside and 2 tombstones outside
How come no ghosts? I used the boolprop cheat to kill them...
is that why?

Also Ivy didn't know any of the Townies...apart from Addison...
but surely he could show up??
:(

Anyone here notice how much better the game flows, if you use the "go here"
command, like...go to general area you want them to go, then while they are
walking or sometimes they run! which can be tricky, but doable...camera zoom
to the object and then click Use? I find that better than
pausing...fumbling...finding the object...then clicking "Use"
hmm... just an observation.

I have two pictures of the house.. but I really should take more...I really
love this house ;)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v115/deelink/Sim%20Stuff/upstairs2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v115/deelink/Sim%20Stuff/upstairs.jpg
oh wait and the downstairs:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v115/deelink/Sim%20Stuff/downstairs.jpg

--
- D

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 23:39:03 GMT, "D" <just@ask.com> wrote:

<snip>

>Anyone here notice how much better the game flows, if you use the "go here"
>command, like...go to general area you want them to go, then while they are
>walking or sometimes they run! which can be tricky, but doable...camera zoom
>to the object and then click Use? I find that better than
>pausing...fumbling...finding the object...then clicking "Use"
>hmm... just an observation.

That's a good idea. I do that a fair amount in Sims 1 but never
thought of it with Sims 2.

BW

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

Well actually I wanted to tell Granny in my post to her
but I got sidetracked...like I usually do...

It works really well in big houses (3 plus storeys)

That Victorian house was loosely based on one available for download at
http://www.simgedoehns.de/sims2/eng/

--
- D

"D" <just@ask.com> wrote in message
> Well actually I wanted to tell Granny in my post to her
> but I got sidetracked...like I usually do...

Tell me what? About running go-tos? Yars. But it depends on the wretched
Sim, I have found. have one lolling in a tub and see someone pass the house.
'Ho! RUN there, and stop them!' I cried. pah, person might saunter along,
no-how. Better to click on chat. Then you actually want someone to walk to
the dining room and arrive when the other person does and they gallop there
like a fool, find an empty room, get bored and go off and do something else.
pests.

Just out of interest, how 'close' do you play the game? I have found that
whereas at the start I ran the game using close-up views of the Sims. new
experience and all that.. Now I am content to let them scurry about in a
distant view taking in the whole house. Zoom in when something interesting
happens or I need to.

In fact. I think my brain might becoming 'super-saturated' with Sims at the
moment. I found myself fiddling with Terragen yesterday. Another bloody
complicated bundle of obscure commands and instructions.

Must get down to streaking that hair today and stop faffing.

Granny.

Ah but that's the thing, I never bother with the people on the street unless
the sim was already outside
and I never really use "go to" unless they have to go to another floor or
it's on the complete opposite side of the house, this gives me time to pan
the camera, find that wretched microwave and remind them to eat. I have
learnt to move pretty fast though using the keyboard a lot and my third
mouse wheel. I also zoom in an zoom out a lot, you know however that can get
me into trouble...the immense close-ups......wretched Ivy wohooed Cassandra
forgetting that Remington was her maid and Remington lost the freakin plot
(I had totally forgotten he was there) ...you know the cinematic hot tub
wohoo scene? well the whole time it was playing, you could see Remington
tearing at his head, stomping the ground, and looking up raising his fists
as if to say "why, why, why??" and the funniest thing of the whole thing was
that Cassandra just looked at him while he slapped her 3 times in a row! his
speech bubbles were pictures of Lisa (the one that Cassandra fired him over
because she caught him flirting with her) and pictures of the cheating
symbol and a picture of a wohoo heart and a picture of ivy and then a
picture of the fighting glove! it made me laugh so hard
and Cassandra just stood there taking the slaps...she has never done that!
I then had to go because guests were coming over and I had to make dinner

So when I go back...whoa...

Terregan? what's that?
My b.f recently was given a copy of Vampire Masquerade: Bloodlines, because
the person got it as a gift and they don't like horror games, and I played
it for awhile last night (its awesome) and that got me a little less
enthusiastic about the Sims 2....a little...just a touch

;)
--
- D

"Granny Crabapple" <plumjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> "D" <just@ask.com> wrote in message
>> Well actually I wanted to tell Granny in my post to her
>> but I got sidetracked...like I usually do...
>
> Tell me what? About running go-tos? Yars. But it depends on the wretched
> Sim, I have found. have one lolling in a tub and see someone pass the
> house.
> 'Ho! RUN there, and stop them!' I cried. pah, person might saunter along,
> no-how. Better to click on chat. Then you actually want someone to walk to
> the dining room and arrive when the other person does and they gallop
> there like a fool, find an empty room, get bored and go off and do
> something else.
> pests.
>>

> Just out of interest, how 'close' do you play the game? I have found that
> whereas at the start I ran the game using close-up views of the Sims. new
> experience and all that.. Now I am content to let them scurry about in a
> distant view taking in the whole house. Zoom in when something interesting
> happens or I need to.
>
> In fact. I think my brain might becoming 'super-saturated' with Sims at
> the moment. I found myself fiddling with Terragen yesterday. Another
> bloody complicated bundle of obscure commands and instructions.
>
> Must get down to streaking that hair today and stop faffing.
>
> Granny.

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

How do you kill by electrocution, and flies???
I've only done fire and drowning.

"Midnight" <midnight@midnight.com> wrote in message

>> Ok....I have been making my sim Ivy meditate like crazy and she has
>> killed (by electrocution, drowning, flies) 6 Townies

Aha!! Welcome to the Club!

and yet still no ghosts...
>> She has 4 urns inside and 2 tombstones outside
>> How come no ghosts? I used the boolprop cheat to kill them...
>> is that why?

..
If you are not worried about cheating blind, and it doesn;t look as if you
are, then I have been experimenting with using the user-boolprop to change
doomed Sims character just before they die. I made one nasty and outgoing,
full of energy, then bopped him. He made a quite active ghost, but there
again, so does Goopy who wasn't altered at all, just splattered.

I wonder what would happen if you flipped all their relationship scales down
to minus numbers? Or, worse, and more fiddly, exited, then simped all
relationships to enemy status?

I can't see this having any real effect which is a shame. If a really nice,
family Sim dies, then they 'should' make a caring ghost that goes about
poking babies and toddlers in their cribs, to make sure they are okay,
so-to-speak.
Um. knowledge ghosts haunt computers and bookshelves?
Oh dear, does this mean I have to go back to the Doctor's house and start
way-laying more passing Sims? That road is going to get a bad name.

It has been noticed that some ex-spouse or lover ghosts get a bit ratty when
the living Sim hooks up with someone else, but are there any other
interactions?

Granny.