Sign in with
Your question

Help :X Do I need a new monitor?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 6, 2009 11:20:34 PM

Hey guys, I'm a bit of a novice so help me out here...

Over the last two weeks, I've noticed my LCD monitor would turn off for a minute, then turn back on and work for hours until it did it again. Then finally a few days ago, it shut off and didn't turn back on! So I used my old monitor for a few days and that worked fine. I tried plugging my LCD back in and its working right now.

My dad asked a few friends in work and they said the power-outage we had a week or so ago may have killed the bulb?
But if that was the case, the screen wouldn't be working perfectly right now, would it?

My LCD is about 9 years old, is it about time for a new one?

On that note; my dad just came home with a 22" samsung 2233BW he got for $200 at circuit city, is that a good monitor? (is it the best bang for your buck?)
I play a lot of games and have a GeForce 7600GT graphics card

More about : monitor

January 6, 2009 11:48:21 PM

jesusgotcaught said:
Hey guys, I'm a bit of a novice so help me out here...

Over the last two weeks, I've noticed my LCD monitor would turn off for a minute, then turn back on and work for hours until it did it again. Then finally a few days ago, it shut off and didn't turn back on! So I used my old monitor for a few days and that worked fine. I tried plugging my LCD back in and its working right now.

My dad asked a few friends in work and they said the power-outage we had a week or so ago may have killed the bulb?
But if that was the case, the screen wouldn't be working perfectly right now, would it?

My LCD is about 9 years old, is it about time for a new one?

On that note; my dad just came home with a 22" samsung 2233BW he got for $200 at circuit city, is that a good monitor? (is it the best bang for your buck?)
I play a lot of games and have a GeForce 7600GT graphics card

well as long as it works and, you are happy???,$200 is $99. less than what we pay over here for a 22"lcd..:) 
!