JakAzz425

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
New Build beeping continuously on post, and after 10-15 minutes of beeping it posts on its own like nothing was wrong. After it does post, it runs fine but the FPS in all my games is very low, way lower than it should be. My 3dMark Vantage score is around 6500 with a max FPS of 17. Im running an 8800GTS 512, I figured i would handle that alot better....

Specs:

AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edition @ 2.6
Windows Vista Ultimate 64Bit
4X1 Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 800
500 Gb Sata Seagate Barracuda
ThermalTake 850 Black Widow PSU
2 DVDRW W/ Lightscribe
Gigabyte M57NSLI-S4 Mobo

And I think thats is everything.

Please Help. Thanks.

Newf

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
Continuous beeps on POST usually means a videocard problem. Either it's not seated correctly or the 6 pin power plug at the back of the card is not set in right. I'm surprised that it works at all actually.

JakAzz425

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
Its continuous short beeps, and the code stands as PSU Problem. So I Had a 600W Rosewill PSU, then Yesterday i went out and got my 850W ThermalTake PSU Cause some people said my PSU wasnt strong enough to run all of my stuff plus the vid card is an energy hog. So I bought new and it still beeps same beep. Continuous short beeps.

My first thought is that it is probably a faulty motherboard; however there are a lot of things you can try before condemning it. First remove everything that is not required for the computer to post such as hard drive CD ROM drives etc. and see if it posts. Try clearing the CMOS and retest; try another graphics card if available.
My second thought is that as it works after 10-15 minutes it could be something heating up causing it to work and this could be due to the speed of the processor fan. I have built systems using low noise fans that run too slowly for the computer to post but when the processor has warmed up causing the fan to speed up the computer will then post. There should be an option in the BIOS to ignore the speed of the processor fan.

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
What Newf said... Also make sure that all of your standoffs are correctly located, (nine in total, three per row, three rows) and that nothing else might be causing a MB short (pinched wire, etc.).

The rosewill might have done the job for a while, but they aren't noted for quality or reliability. Hope that you didn't pay too much for it.

JakAzz425

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
The Fan Speed Thing Sounds Very close to the problem, My CPU Fan is running at 600-900RPM 900 Obviously being full load. I have the Thermaltake V1 HSF and i have it manually turned all the way up. I turned Smart Fan Off In BIOS. Scared to turn PC Off, cause it takes so long to turn it back on....

JakAzz425

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
O and the standoff's are good, every hole in the board that has the metal lining indicating a mounting point has a screw in it. I also just read online that there are 2 types of Phenom 9950's One runs with less power than the other, any way to find out whcich CPU Im running from windows?