Which would be the BEST LCD monitor in the market?

i just devided to start a thread discussin which is the BEST lcd monitor in the market ... give ur opinions with respect to size of the monitor ...

eg best 22incher - blah22...
best 19incher - blah24...

lets also stick with sizes >=19
8 answers Last reply
More about which monitor market
  1. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236033

I just bought this 24" monitor, after reading nothing but positive reviews on Newegg I was sold and ordered it. I received it last week and am very pleased, the image quality is excellent. It has a built in webcam and mic but that's not why I chose it over other monitors, the webcam is ok not great but it doesn't really matter as its still cheaper in cost than other 24" on newegg.
  2. im sure ur monitor is gr8 and i have a 24incher with similar specs but i was just wondering abt the absolute best monitors in different sizes
  3. * regardless of price ... best specs and features
  4. According to this http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/product/31695/review/mk241h.html , your ASUS may not have been the greatest choice. The best monitor depends on the application. For gaming, you want a fast response time, usually a TN panel, which doesn't reproduce colors as well as more expensive panels. If you do picture/ video editing, a higher priced S-PVA would be more appropriate. It all depends on what you need it for most.
  5. erased..
  6. double post
  7. Triple Post..oops.
  8. This is something I've been looking into recently. I bought a similar ASUS (ASUS VW246H) just a couple weeks ago. Its OK. I know now that I will never own a monitor smaller than 24 inches. I'm use my computer primarily for video editing so I'm looking for something with more accurate colors which means IPS technology.

What you have to keep in mind when youre reading reviews on the best monitor is that they are comparing TFT monitors which while they are affordable, they are the worst when it comes to the best image quality. Most people want a space saving flat screen thats really big while still being affordable. That means TFT screens. Since thats what most people want, thats what gets reviewed, but to say they are the best monitors or that the image quality is really good, is inaccurate. Its more like they are the best among the worst.

What I've found is that if the NEC LCD260W2 ($1400) isn't the best monitor, its probably among the top three. Lacie makes high end monitors too, but for considerably more. Dell makes an IPS monitor called the Doublesight, around $525 for a 24 incher, but I can't seem to get any solid feedback on it. Does anyone know? I would love to pay under $600 for an ISP monitor but not at the expense of half the quality and I know Dell has a rep for selling ISP monitors with TFT screens. This price seems almost to good to be true. I'd also like to know more about the HP DreamColor.
Ask a new question

Read More

LCD Monitor Monitors Components Product