Sign in with
Your question
Solved

MSI after burner with 5770 question

Last response: in Overclocking
May 5, 2010 3:01:03 AM

Ok so far i got a small stable overclock on my 5770 crossfire setup. This are the current specs.

GPU clock:961 mhz
Memmory slock:1200 mhz
Fan speed %: 50
***The rest is stock

I wanted to know how is it possible ( as some people claim) to overclock my 5770's to have a memory clock of 1100mhz and be easy and stable?.
I tried but in bfbc2 my game gives me a black screen and pc becomes unresponsive or it starts giving me white lines across my screen that are flickering.

Thanks for all the help.
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
May 5, 2010 8:12:10 AM

Well I don't think so then because it seems like you're suffering artifacts or problems of the sort and you're just better off with a small, stable overclock. Mind you, 961MHz on the core isn't that small - it's around a ~ 13% overclock.
m
l
May 5, 2010 10:21:24 AM

Lmeow said:
Well I don't think so then because it seems like you're suffering artifacts or problems of the sort and you're just better off with a small, stable overclock. Mind you, 961MHz on the core isn't that small - it's around a ~ 13% overclock.

so far i've reached a stable overclock of :

GPU clock:980 mhz
Memmory slock:1200 mhz
Fan speed %: 55
cover voltage: 1225
***The rest is stock
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
May 6, 2010 4:53:32 PM

Read through this

http://www.overclock.net/ati/633816-how-overclock-your-...

Most people would Get higher OC's Than you cuz' They invested in Aftermarket coolers or water cooling

Good Luck!:D 

edit = It could also be a PSU issue, whats the wattage and what brand is it?(age would also help)
a c 125 U Graphics card
a c 100 K Overclocking
May 6, 2010 4:59:17 PM

Well the first thing that pops into my mind is that you would have to up the voltage over stock by at least .1 or .2V. But, if that doesn't work you may have simply hit the wall on that card. I don't know all the details but I think flashing the BIOS can sometimes allow higher OCs but that's beyond what I know or care to do. For only a few more mhz you're not going to get any noticeable difference in FPS anyway so really, why bother? You should definitely do 10 minute burn tests with something like 3D Mark or Kombustor/FurMark.
m
l
May 6, 2010 9:15:47 PM

fisshy said:
Read through this

http://www.overclock.net/ati/633816-how-overclock-your-...

Most people would Get higher OC's Than you cuz' They invested in Aftermarket coolers or water cooling

Good Luck!:D 

edit = It could also be a PSU issue, whats the wattage and what brand is it?(age would also help)

Read my signature ,also i just got my psu like 1 week ago or so.
m
l
May 6, 2010 9:18:23 PM

Best answer selected by reaper23.
m
l
!