problems with new built computer!

I just finished building my new computer after 3 HOURS! I was so psyched when it turned on and everything looked like it was running, the lights were on, the fans were spinning, there was that quiet buzzy-ish computer sound.. but when I plugged in the monitor, nothing showed up! I tried taking out the video card and putting it back in, changing the VGA adapter thing on both sides and restarting but nothing worked. :(
Does anyone know what the problem is? I'm pretty sure I connected everything correctly even tho it's a little sloppy :??: . Help please!
4 answers Last reply
More about problems built computer
  1. Double check to make sure you plugged in the 4/8-pin CPU power connector in addition to the 24-pin motherboard power connector. The CPU power connector is near the CPU socket on the motherboard.

If you post the complete specs of the new build it will make it easier to diagnose the problem.
  2. Okay it works now... but it keeps getting this weird error.
    Nvidia boot agent blah blah blah media test failure blah blah exiting nvidia boot agent blah disk boot failure insert disk..
    I don't really know what this means.. My motherboard is an EVGA nforce 780i sli and I put the installation CD in but it still says that. I think my disk drive is working because it opens and makes the spinning sounds when I put the CD in. =/
  3. You probably need to set the CD/DVD ROM drive as the primary boot drive in the BIOS.

Was the problem the CPU power connector?
  4. shortstuff_mt said:
    Double check to make sure you plugged in the 4/8-pin CPU power connector in addition to the 24-pin motherboard power connector. The CPU power connector is near the CPU socket on the motherboard.

If you post the complete specs of the new build it will make it easier to diagnose the problem.

Yeah, specs please :hello:
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Graphics Cards Computer Systems