elden1176

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2009
i just eazy flashed my bios from 1503 to 1701,now when i get to desktop it just freezes or i get blue screen.i put the old bios back on and the same thing happens.im running 2 8800 gts and a 8600 for physics,now i cant get either card to work,well i cant get past the desktop before it memory dumps.ive cleared the cmos and i am stumped please someone help me

chinh_n

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
did you have your hard drives in raid mode or AHCI mode? the bios flash usually erases all your settings so if you had any special setting in bios then you would have to go back in and reset it. Otherwise, i would probably try going with a clean install to see if that fixes the problem.

elden1176

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2009

no it wasnt in raid mode or anything special besides the sli memory settings and overclock settings,besides that it was a pretty basic bios setup.i can get it to run in safe mode without bluescreening or shutting off so there probally is a problem with the operating system,i just hate having to put a fresh copy on cause im running 64 vista ultimate and i have to get certain updates so that the 4 gigs of memory work and its a hastle,but if i gotta then i gotta i guess.thank you for the reply