Need sound card for vista 32

brotheryang17

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
Hey everyone im looking to get a sound card for vista because my headphones suck with the curreent sound card i have ( audigy se ) my headphones would pump out sound in XP but i heard that the audigy cant work fully in vista and thats why my headphones suck now, i also tried to mobo sound which was the alc888 but i get some static in those. anyways i dont wanna spend more then $75 on a card so if anyone could guide me in the direction of a sound card that can pump out sound and fully use my headphones, i would like something that could changed setting on bass and eax and everything like i could in xp, Thanks in advance

First off, if your using a cheap pair of stereo headphones, you aren't getting any good sound, regardless of your soundcard. Secondly, your not finding anything better than an audigy for that price, except maybe a Razer Barracuda (which I do not recommend for Vista users, due to crippled driver)

brotheryang17

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
No i just get static in the alc888, im thinking of getting the x-fi extreme gamer sound card. also my headphones are the gamecom 377 so they are not really cheap. anyways i think most of my problem is vista