celebrity heads

Ok...now I got myself all freaked out..... If those heads are mapped, then
what happens with genetics?

~ jo

http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269
"hangover_girl" <hangovergirl@dodo.com.au> wrote in message

> Ok a friend of mine tried to tell me these celebrity heads have been
> mapped? Is this true? If so how?
>
> http://www.vitasims.com/sims2_celebrity.htm
>
> ~ jo
>
> http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269

they look pretty good huh?

I don't even know what mapped is...
you mean bitmapped?? yeah...I don't think it's possible with Bodyshop to do
that...
unless you have a degree in Plastic surgery and know the 3D structure of
Bshop like the back of your hand

and even then

*suspicious eye*

--
- D
> Ok...now I got myself all freaked out..... If those heads are mapped,
> then what happens with genetics?
>
> ~ jo
>
> http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269
> "hangover_girl" <hangovergirl@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
>>
>> Ok a friend of mine tried to tell me these celebrity heads have been
>> mapped? Is this true? If so how?
>>
>> http://www.vitasims.com/sims2_celebrity.htm
>>
>> ~ jo
>>
>> http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269

hey have you noticed that the finds page no longer updated with sims2
stuff??

hmm
well they haven't the last 2 updates
AND ChicaChica is moving to another domain...
grrr...

--
- D

"D" <just@ask.com> wrote in message
> they look pretty good huh?
>
> I don't even know what mapped is...
> you mean bitmapped?? yeah...I don't think it's possible with Bodyshop to
> do that...
> unless you have a degree in Plastic surgery and know the 3D structure of
> Bshop like the back of your hand
>
> and even then
>
> *suspicious eye*
>
> --
> - D
> "hangover_girl" <hangovergirl@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
>> Ok...now I got myself all freaked out..... If those heads are mapped,
>> then what happens with genetics?
>>
>> ~ jo
>>
>> http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269
>> "hangover_girl" <hangovergirl@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Ok a friend of mine tried to tell me these celebrity heads have been
>>> mapped? Is this true? If so how?
>>>
>>> http://www.vitasims.com/sims2_celebrity.htm
>>>
>>> ~ jo
>>>
>>> http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269

I'm sorry...but I have to say this..
In the premium section of Vita Sims..
is a face that is supposed to be Johnny Depp...
please put the word "supposed" in big neon lettering with some fingers
pointing at it..
The man is too good looking for Bodyshop, the damn program would melt.

Ahem...and Vita's Alicia Keys looks exactly like Posh Spice.

cackle.

--

D wrote:

>hey have you noticed that the finds page no longer updated with sims2
>stuff??
>
>hmm
>well they haven't the last 2 updates
>AND ChicaChica is moving to another domain...
>grrr...

http://www.strategyplanet.com/thesims/simsshowcase/findsjan25_2.htm

There's two pages of Sims2 'finds" here, I hope that link works, it
looks a bit dodgy in this reply.

-- Sandra
"More hay, Trigger?" "No thanks, Roy, I'm stuffed!"

..

how odd...I have always accessed the Sims 2 finds from the main finds site
how else could I bookmark it?

anyways thank you!!
;)

--
- D
"Sanantone" <shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>D wrote:
>
>>hey have you noticed that the finds page no longer updated with sims2
>>stuff??
>>
>>hmm
>>well they haven't the last 2 updates
>>AND ChicaChica is moving to another domain...
>>grrr...
>>
> http://www.strategyplanet.com/thesims/simsshowcase/findsjan25_2.htm
>
> There's two pages of Sims2 'finds" here, I hope that link works, it looks
> a bit dodgy in this reply.
>

> -- Sandra
> "More hay, Trigger?" "No thanks, Roy, I'm stuffed!"
> .

> Ok a friend of mine tried to tell me these celebrity heads have been
mapped?
> Is this true? If so how?

I think is like for the Jeanette Bidermann skin, in the mask section there
is a mask with all the details of the face so it look way more realistic.
But is easy to find out, if you download one of the free face you cen then
check in the body shop if there's a mask in the mask section with that face.
It could be an answer 'cause the mask can surely be mapped.
Just my opinion :)

ManuFla :)

Mapped is apparently where you lay some transparent thingo over the top of
the face and then tweak the face to fit...it's like importing a photo. Now
I argued with my friend about it saying I'm sure it's not possible but then
he made me look at the faces on there very carefully.... for example lumps
under the eyes and eye shapes and so forth and asked if I could do those
with bodyshop...and I actually don't think so.... He's a digital artist
btw... he swears they are mapped!

~ jo

http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269
"D" <just@ask.com> wrote in message
> they look pretty good huh?
>
> I don't even know what mapped is...
> you mean bitmapped?? yeah...I don't think it's possible with Bodyshop to
> do that...
> unless you have a degree in Plastic surgery and know the 3D structure of
> Bshop like the back of your hand
>
> and even then
>
> *suspicious eye*
>
> --
> - D
> "hangover_girl" <hangovergirl@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
>> Ok...now I got myself all freaked out..... If those heads are mapped,
>> then what happens with genetics?
>>
>> ~ jo
>>
>> http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269
>> "hangover_girl" <hangovergirl@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Ok a friend of mine tried to tell me these celebrity heads have been
>>> mapped? Is this true? If so how?
>>>
>>> http://www.vitasims.com/sims2_celebrity.htm
>>>
>>> ~ jo
>>>
>>> http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269

"Sanantone" <shys10512INJECTIFIED@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>D wrote:
>
>>hey have you noticed that the finds page no longer updated with sims2
>>stuff??
>>
>>hmm
>>well they haven't the last 2 updates
>>AND ChicaChica is moving to another domain...
>>grrr...
>>
> http://www.strategyplanet.com/thesims/simsshowcase/findsjan25_2.htm
>
> There's two pages of Sims2 'finds" here, I hope that link works, it looks
> a bit dodgy in this reply.
>

> -- Sandra
> "More hay, Trigger?" "No thanks, Roy, I'm stuffed!"

Yeah I found that today.... I was so desperate!! But how do we bookmark it
now?

> I'm sorry...but I have to say this..
> In the premium section of Vita Sims..
> is a face that is supposed to be Johnny Depp...
> please put the word "supposed" in big neon lettering with some fingers
> pointing at it..
> The man is too good looking for Bodyshop, the damn program would melt.
>
> Ahem...and Vita's Alicia Keys looks exactly like Posh Spice.
>
> cackle.
>
> --
> - D

I thought the same thing about the johnny depp... he looks like an aids
victim there... The charmed girls look pretty accurate I thought. Paris
Hilton looks way classier than IRL too, but not at all like herself...

~ jo

http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269

> "D" <just@ask.com> wrote in message
>> they look pretty good huh?
>>
>> I don't even know what mapped is...
>> you mean bitmapped?? yeah...I don't think it's possible with Bodyshop to
>> do that...
>> unless you have a degree in Plastic surgery and know the 3D structure of
>> Bshop like the back of your hand
>>
>> and even then
>>
>> *suspicious eye*
>>
>> --
>> - D
>> "hangover_girl" <hangovergirl@dodo.com.au> wrote in message
>>> Ok...now I got myself all freaked out..... If those heads are mapped,
>>> then what happens with genetics?
>>>
>>> ~ jo
>>>
>>> http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269
>>> "hangover_girl" <hangovergirl@dodo.com.au> wrote in message

Urgh Paris Hilton...
I'm so sick of hearing about her

I really don't care who she is sleeping with or what she is really famous
for
but if I have to pass another newsstand with her face plastered
everywhere....
well actually I'll just do what I've always done...look forward to the time
when will become a has-been ;)
or maybe a "never-was"
ew. Please...let it be SOON. Anyone saw that Paris Hilton South Park
episode? urgh urgh urgh!

As for Vita's site...I was so damn impressed with her Liv Tyler...wow..
double wow...

Liv is soooo beautiful, even as a sim! ;)

--
- D

> I thought the same thing about the johnny depp... he looks like an aids
> victim there... The charmed girls look pretty accurate I thought. Paris
> Hilton looks way classier than IRL too, but not at all like herself...
>
> ~ jo
>
> http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269
>

>> "D" <just@ask.com> wrote in message
>>> they look pretty good huh?
>>>
>>> I don't even know what mapped is...
>>> you mean bitmapped?? yeah...I don't think it's possible with Bodyshop to
>>> do that...
>>> unless you have a degree in Plastic surgery and know the 3D structure of
>>> Bshop like the back of your hand
>>>
>>> and even then
>>>
>>> *suspicious eye*
>>>
>>> --
>>> - D
>>> "hangover_girl" <hangovergirl@dodo.com.au> wrote in message

ali

D wrote:
> I'm sorry...but I have to say this..
> In the premium section of Vita Sims..
> is a face that is supposed to be Johnny Depp...
> please put the word "supposed" in big neon lettering with some fingers
> pointing at it..
> The man is too good looking for Bodyshop, the damn program would melt.
>
> Ahem...and Vita's Alicia Keys looks exactly like Posh Spice.
>
> cackle.

I too share your affection for Johnny Depp. Very hot!

Ali

ManuFla wrote:

>>Ok a friend of mine tried to tell me these celebrity heads have been
>>

>mapped?
>

>>Is this true? If so how?
>>

>I think is like for the Jeanette Bidermann skin, in the mask section there
>is a mask with all the details of the face so it look way more realistic.
>But is easy to find out, if you download one of the free face you cen then
>check in the body shop if there's a mask in the mask section with that face.
>It could be an answer 'cause the mask can surely be mapped.
>Just my opinion :)
>
>ManuFla :)

You're spot on ManuFla, I exported one of those faces out from Bodyshop
(the mask section)and opened it in Photoshop, whoever (I think it was
Vitasims) made the face did so very cleverly, it's more or less the same
procedure as The Sims is, ie: cutting and pasting a photo, at least this
proves that the talented skinners don't need to stay within the confines
of the bodyshop faces.

D wrote:

>how odd...I have always accessed the Sims 2 finds from the main finds site
>how else could I bookmark it?
>
>anyways thank you!!

You're welcome, if you want to bookmark the page go here
http://www.strategyplanet.com/thesims/simsshowcase/index.htm
and then click on Archives at the top of the page, that will give you a
list of the last couple of weeks, Re how Vita did the Celebrity skins,
read my reply to ManuFla, it looks daunting but *totally* doable :-D

Sanantone wrote:

> D wrote:
>
>> how odd...I have always accessed the Sims 2 finds from the main finds
>> site
>> how else could I bookmark it?
>>
>> anyways thank you!!
>>

> You're welcome, if you want to bookmark the page go here
> http://www.strategyplanet.com/thesims/simsshowcase/index.htm
> and then click on Archives at the top of the page, that will give you
> a list of the last couple of weeks, Re how Vita did the Celebrity
> skins, read my reply to ManuFla, it looks daunting but *totally*
> doable :-D
>
>> ;)
>>

> --Sandra
>
> "More hay, Trigger?" "No thanks, Roy, I'm stuffed!"
> .

..
I've found the 'mask', in Bodyshop under facepaints, there's a mask
called "uuface Tamoko, if you export it you will see that the Alpha file
could be made into a custom face, mystery solved LOL.

I have been watching the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory trailer like a
fiend recently..
I can't wait

--
- D
"ali" <babaonthenet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>D wrote:
>> I'm sorry...but I have to say this..
>> In the premium section of Vita Sims..
>> is a face that is supposed to be Johnny Depp...
>> please put the word "supposed" in big neon lettering with some fingers
>> pointing at it..
>> The man is too good looking for Bodyshop, the damn program would melt.
>>
>> Ahem...and Vita's Alicia Keys looks exactly like Posh Spice.
>>
>> cackle.
>>

> I too share your affection for Johnny Depp. Very hot!
>
> Ali

ali

D wrote:
> I have been watching the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory trailer like a
> fiend recently..
> I can't wait

What? I have not heard about this one. I will have to check that out.

Ali

> ManuFla wrote:
>
>>>Ok a friend of mine tried to tell me these celebrity heads have been
>>>
>>mapped?
>>
>>>Is this true? If so how?
>>>

>>I think is like for the Jeanette Bidermann skin, in the mask section there
>>is a mask with all the details of the face so it look way more realistic.
>>But is easy to find out, if you download one of the free face you cen then
>>check in the body shop if there's a mask in the mask section with that
>>face.
>>It could be an answer 'cause the mask can surely be mapped.
>>Just my opinion :)
>>
>>ManuFla :)
>>

> You're spot on ManuFla, I exported one of those faces out from Bodyshop
> (the mask section)and opened it in Photoshop, whoever (I think it was
> Vitasims) made the face did so very cleverly, it's more or less the same
> procedure as The Sims is, ie: cutting and pasting a photo, at least this
> proves that the talented skinners don't need to stay within the confines
> of the bodyshop faces.

Ok.... that's EXCELLENT news :) however.... if this procedure is possible
then what happens with the sims genetics if a parent's face is mapped?

~ jo

http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269

> -- Sandra
> "More hay, Trigger?" "No thanks, Roy, I'm stuffed!"
> .

> Ok.... that's EXCELLENT news :) however.... if this procedure is
possible
> then what happens with the sims genetics if a parent's face is mapped?

If really is a mask it don't affect the genetics at all. Only if u give to
the baby the same mask of the parent.
AND the mask can be burnt away from fire and electricity, so the sims that
wear a mask can loose it everytime.
(I've played a lot with masked sims so I know what I'm saing :))
Maybe sims are more realistic with a mask but I don't like them at all.

ManuFla :)

ManuFla wrote:

>>Ok.... that's EXCELLENT news :) however.... if this procedure is
>>

>possible
>

>>then what happens with the sims genetics if a parent's face is mapped?
>>

>If really is a mask it don't affect the genetics at all. Only if u give to
>the baby the same mask of the parent.
>AND the mask can be burnt away from fire and electricity, so the sims that
>wear a mask can loose it everytime.
>(I've played a lot with masked sims so I know what I'm saing :))
>Maybe sims are more realistic with a mask but I don't like them at all.
>
>ManuFla :)

It seems a shame that one would have to use the mask to get a more
natural looking face, but even now MTS2 is working on a mesh program,
but that may only be for objects? we need something to change the face
mesh, I've noticed that you can't change the make-up using a 'mask'.

-- Sandra
"More hay, Trigger?" "No thanks, Roy, I'm stuffed!"

..

Me neither he's damn fine!!! Did you see Finding Neverland?
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

>I have been watching the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory trailer like a
>fiend recently..
> I can't wait
>
> --
> - D
> "ali" <babaonthenet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>D wrote:
>>> I'm sorry...but I have to say this..
>>> In the premium section of Vita Sims..
>>> is a face that is supposed to be Johnny Depp...
>>> please put the word "supposed" in big neon lettering with some fingers
>>> pointing at it..
>>> The man is too good looking for Bodyshop, the damn program would melt.
>>>
>>> Ahem...and Vita's Alicia Keys looks exactly like Posh Spice.
>>>
>>> cackle.
>>>

>> I too share your affection for Johnny Depp. Very hot!
>>
>> Ali

ali

hangover_girl wrote:
> Me neither he's damn fine!!! Did you see Finding Neverland?
> mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>
> ~ jo

Unfortunately I don't get to see grown up movies in the theater too
often. When we actually get to go it's usually something for the kids.
Will have to wait till it comes out on dvd.

Ali

Oh just go to yahoo movies
and check out the trailer
I love Tim Burton
and whenever those two have done a film I have really liked it
(Edwards Scissorhands..and Sleepy Hollow)

As for the masks...yeah it makes sense to have masks so the faces could be
more bitmapped
but it would be so much cooler if Maxis gave us more control on face
structure
they should introduce the super skinny and the super fat or just rounder
even...
it would make the game more original