Need Feedback For Liquid Cooling Setup

b1naryatr0phy

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2008
So for my latest computer build i'm going pretty much complete liquid cooling, though i've never built a water cooling setup before so i could use some feedback on the design i have in mind.

I want to stay under or around a 300$ budget for the cooling system so I decided against using more than one loop; and instead branch the loop with a y-splitter. I'm thinking i'll put the GPU on one branch and the chipset and CPU on the other branch. Here's a rough drawing of what i intend:

I'll probably be using a 360 radiator, 1/2 inch diameter tubing, and a 300gph pump w/ speed control.

So what do you all think? I guess i feel that branching would be most effective in a single loop system as opposed to running everything on a single path which to me seems that the accumulation of heat through the single path would decrease it's effectiveness for the block(s) at the end of the chain. But will branching the flow have some kind of unforeseen negative impact? Any feedback would be very greatly appreciated :)

Kaldor

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
First, specs of hardware of the PC and what watercooling hardware you plan on.

Second, do not use a Y to split the loop. You will always have more flow to the side with less restriction, meaning one side will always run hot. Run in series, EI: cpu -> video -> pump -> radiator

What pump, rad, res, etc you planing on running?