Ok, so my question is how do i update my GPU's clocks in Furmark. Meaning, at the top left corner when I'm running tests for stability. For some reason it always shows the default clocks. Is this normal? Or Did my Clocks not change from Afterburner. I already changed the Unofficial overclock script to 1. And I checked in CPU-Z too. So, is the display clock just not supposed to update. Another question. How long should I run furmark for 100% accuracy that my GPU is stable. Also, is there any better program than Furmark to test for stability?

fisshy

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009
Read through This. Just make sure You click apply and don't try saving it to a profile cuz' that messes up the clocks for some reason

i would suggest 30 minutes and good luck:D

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished

Furmark is an extreme test to cjeck if your overclock settings will not crash.

The best programs to use to check for stability are the actual games than you play or will play. If your card holds up without heat crashes the you are good to go.

Well, what are your speeds at then? I have it set to 985/1200, and anything higher than that doesn't work for long. I had 1000 core but crashes, and 1220 mem causes freezing and occasional crashes while gaming. However, plenty of people have them up to 1000 core and 1250 mem. Just depends on if you got lucky with a good card or not.

fisshy

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009

Most people Getting higer that You are either lying or using a Hectic WC setup.

Have you Run the GPU Tool Stability test for more than five minutes, that usually picks up a Sh1te load of artifacts and will help when judging stability

Good luck :D

What are you talking about?? I clearly say people get higher than mine, but that's all I can get and stay stable. I don't use water cooling. Considering that the 5850 stock is 700/1000, getting 985/1200 is still a very big step up for this card. You want to see just what OCs people get? Go here. The average is 964/1213.

What reason would I have to lie about my OC being lower than many people? All cards are not created equal.

fisshy

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009
Wolfram, IM not Mocking Your OC! Its a phenomenal OC From 700 TO 985 Doesn't just require skill, it requires balls too!

All im Saying is that you have reached the maximum of your current setup and that all the guys with the Higher clocks are
1) Lucky
2) Bored
3) Rich and
4) Using water cooling

It is known that by decreasing Core temps (via water cooling) That you can recieve Higher Stable Over clocks. So (In your case) IF you are looking to lift FPS By maybe 2-3FSP average it might be worth the $400-$500 Water cooling system...

Yet again i am not mocking your OC...

Anyone who wants to Square Up Follow this link

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/287927-15-furmark-build-score-
comparison#t2137177

Looking forward to your scores! (Especially Wolfram23)

Well, I guess I misunderstood you. Sorry bout that ;)
I'll give that test a shot tho, maybe tonight!