SSD For OS, HDD For Programs

JakAzz425

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
Im Looking to build a nice gaming computer/Entertainment (DVD/TV) Computer. And i've read alot about the SSD drives but im wondering if my setup would prove to be a waste of money to put the Win7 UltimateX64 On the SSD And all the programs on a Sata Drive. Would the speed increase of the os be worth the extra money on the ssd? or should I wait for the prices to drop. Or is the speed increase just not worth it? Thanks.

JakAzz425

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
well money wont really be an option, i just want to make sure that is the best way to do it, I mean i dont have ALOT of money, but im gunna be throwing 1200 at this rig and im only getting a 64Gb SSD so I cant really fit Everything on the SSD. Is there a better way to do it? And when I do it is there a way to lock the SSD so no trash files find there way onto it?

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
ssd for os and programs with another drive for all data is a great way to go, and 64gig will hold quite a few apps

just run ccleaner periodically to get rid of junk files, and set your my docs folder to go straight to the mechanical hdd