Solved

Can i overclock this board?

Hello!

i was wondering, i am going to get a computer with a this mother board,

[CrossFireX] GigaByte GA-H55M-UD2H Intel H55 Chipset CrossFireX Support DDR3 LGA1156 Ultra Durable™3 mATX w/ Onboard Graphic, HDMI, DVI, Display Port(Digital Display Output), 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB2.0, SATA-II, 2 Gen2 PCIe & 2 PCI

this CPU,

Intel® Core™ i5-750 2.66 GHz 8M Intel Smart Cache LGA1156

and this heat sink

Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)

im mainly asking about the mother board, does it have a locked BIOS or???

but ya so can you overclock using that mother board?

thank!
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about overclock board
  1. you should be be able to get a good overclock with that motherboard and cpu, especially with liquid cooling.
  2. This processor i.e. Core i5 -750 c@2.66 can be overclocked to 3.6 Ghz with bit effort and you can squeeze out a Core i7 920's performance and the GB UD mobo's are always nice for OC and your mentioned RAM's also good for OC too so go for it...
  3. if you use Asetek 510LC Liquid you can OC to 4Ghz but dont forget to cooling you chipset !!! GigaByte GA-H55M-UD2H is good MOBO.
  4. thgua said:
    if you use Asetek 510LC Liquid you can OC to 4Ghz but dont forget to cooling you chipset !!! GigaByte GA-H55M-UD2H is good MOBO.

ok two thing, one how do i cool chipset? and two, would the GigaByte GA-P55A-UD3 be better?

PLEASE reply, thanks!
  5. yogman said:
    ok two thing, one how do i cool chipset? and two, would the GigaByte GA-P55A-UD3 be better?

PLEASE reply, thanks!

If it were up to me I'd buy the GA-P55-UD3 for two main reasons:

-No onboard graphics (I dont see a point in this for a gaming rig)
    -Motherboard will be cooler, notice the heatsink+heat pipes near the CPU socket.
  6. cromedome said:
    If it were up to me I'd buy the GA-P55-UD3 for two main reasons:

-No onboard graphics (I dont see a point in this for a gaming rig)
    -Motherboard will be cooler, notice the heatsink+heat pipes near the CPU socket.

ok thanks but one thing, you said you would use the P55-UD3 but i was going with the P55A-UD3, what is the "A" in P55A mean? and would it be ok?
  7. Best answer
    yogman said:
    ok thanks but one thing, you said you would use the P55-UD3 but i was going with the P55A-UD3, what is the "A" in P55A mean? and would it be ok?

Sorry about that, I meant the P55A-UD3. Another reason for this is that I think the P55 chipset is better than the H55 chipset for overclocking etc. I may be wrong but just my experience.

Good luck, The P55A-UD3 is a great board.
  8. Best answer selected by yogman.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Overclocking