Maximum temperature for motherboard

creepy_maverick

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Happy Spring guys,

Would you mind giving a piece of Scrutiny on the maximum Temp of motherboards in particular ASUS mobo.

Just a slight observation, although not a biggie: my Asus m3a78-t goes up to 42 degrees Celsius, in this case its aircooled.

Thank you so much Guys!

take care!
creepy!

-------------------------
--------------------------------
CPU: Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ (1.47v)
MB: ASUS M3A78-T
PSU: Antec Quattro 1000w
GPU: Sapphire Toxic Edition 4870 1gb
RAM: Corsair 8gb 800MHz DDR2 pc6400 twinx
Report this to a Moderator

reborne_33

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
If you're talking about the CPU temps then this should be just fine... If it's something else on the motherboard, then I can't really help much more than this. But 42C doesn't sound too hot... My case temp is reading 34C currently with a NB temp of 37C, Core0 at 38C & Core1 also at 38C. I'm running with a Core2Duo (No OC) and an Akasa AK-955 cooler. Mobo is a Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3P, 4GB DDR3 and a Radeon HT4850 512MB.

A quad core CPU would naturally generate a little more heat than a dual and the AMDs tend to run slightly hotter than the Intels, so although I haven't had experience with the Phenom II platform personally, these figures seem reasonable. You'd know pretty quickly if the temps were too high...

creepy_maverick

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
I kinda notice these when i open the PC Probe , an application from asus to monitor temps.

and it has cpu temp , mb temp etc.etc. The cpu is pretty manageable but i also see the mb temp going up until around 40-41c

creepy_maverick

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Thank you so much G3!

You know yesterday..I called ASUS tech Support USA , just out of curiosity ,,and the TECH person said that around 50-55c you need to pay attention..and around 55-60c that what they call as danger ZOne ,so i think we are all in good shape then...

I have thought that if i wanted to do a Crossfirex with this Sapphire toxic 4870 1 gig,, I needed to prepare my case temp to a decent level thats why this mobo temp issue came about . Anyways I think were on the right track.

Thank you so much Guys!

Have a great week end!

unclefester

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008
Not sure if the Tech told you or not , but your Asus probe II will sound the alarm at 45c. So on a hot summer day you may want to raise it's threshold to 50c to keep the red alert warning from going off.

creepy_maverick

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
yes thats correct uncleF..

Thank you so much for the reply...

actually I encountered that situation, from then on I disable the sound on pcprobe..

It works pretty good though!

Take it easy!