Switching between IGP and GPU

jmarkey

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
Is there any way to have both an IGP (780G/HD3200) and a GPU (HD4670) installed at the same time, and be able to switch between the two, or at least have both outputting a display?

The VGA output of my onboard 780G/HD3200 was very clear and sharp at 1280x720, however, the DVI and DVI/VGA adapted output from my new HD4670 does not work properly in 1280x720 is not as clear in 1280x768 as my onboard VGA was (at least text-wise, game graphic is great). What I had hoped to do was use my IGP for normal use, and switch to the GPU for gaming. Or have them both working and outputting at the same time (power use be damned) and just swich my display input between DVI (GPU) and VGA (IGP).

Since CCC has a drop down menu for Graphics Adapter in Displays Manager, this suggested to me that maybe there was some way to have both installed and be able to switch them, and/or to change the setting of each indepanently. I re-enabled IGP in Bios, but it does show up.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

jmarkey

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
Yes, you should be able to display from IGP and GPU to 2 different LCDs, or one LCD with a KVM.

There is no output from my IGP right now, only my GPU, I have a monitor connected to both (via VGA and DVI, respectively). I enabled my IGP in bios, but it is not shown in any system settings as being installed and it doesn't come up as a piece of hardware anymore now that my new GPU is installed. Does anyone know how to enable both at the same time so I get outpur from both?

You should check driver settings.

I tinkered with most all the settings available in CCC. Are there any specific settings I should try?