VIA/S3G Graphics card question

I am aware that Maxis doesn't officially support the VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP
videocard, but I have read that an individual named "MaxisProducer"
(presumably at Maxis) has said that the final release makes allowances for
those of us stuck with this card and unable to upgrade. Does anyone know
how true that is? I'd love to play Sims 2 if I could, but I don't know how
likely it would be that I could. Any advice is appreciated.

Pouk wrote:
> I am aware that Maxis doesn't officially support the VIA/S3G
> UniChrome IGP videocard, but I have read that an individual named
> "MaxisProducer" (presumably at Maxis) has said that the final release
> makes allowances for those of us stuck with this card and unable to
> upgrade. Does anyone know how true that is? I'd love to play Sims 2
> if I could, but I don't know how likely it would be that I could.
> Any advice is appreciated.

What are your other specs? If they are high enough, there is no reason it
shouldn't work.

destiny

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2003

my kids have the same card and sims 2 works on it but the graphics aren't
too great the mirrors don't have a reflection and the pond water is either
red or black they have 512 mb ram but the card only has 64 mb so i think
that's the best it'll get with this card :(
Destiny