powerlsyaer

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
I have had a pc for two years now. It got a virus and I had to do a fresh XP install. Now after I wiped everything with a fresh beginning with the drivers re-installed, I boot up my pc and after about two minutes of running, everything freezes except for my mouse. I can move my mouse but I cant click on anything at all. I bought a brand new hard drive and reinstalled xp and it still freezes after a minute. It's the wierdest thing I've ever seen and I have no idea what to do. Is upgrading my pc with all new parts the only thing i can do?

jeteryankees22

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2008
Hmm, that is really weird...Have you tested the graphics card? Other than that I could see it being an overheat issue in the processor or mobo...did you remove the cpu at all, or somehow blow dust where it shouldnt be?

powerlsyaer

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
i dont know. havent tested the graphics card but i dont know if it's re-installing the video card driver but its the same one i've been using for months before my system crashed.

G

Mine does it too

Except I can attribute it to my SSD since it freezes sporadically throughout usage... even in games :(

I'll end up getting an SLC SSD when prices come down a bit as with MLC SSDs this is a known and common issue