Sign in with
Your question

Well first shot at water cooling system.

Last response: in Overclocking
May 7, 2010 1:18:10 AM

OK hear is my PC specs.

MOBO: ASUS P6X58D PREMIUM
CPU: I7 920
CASE: CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES 800D
MEMORY: OCZ GOLD 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-PIN DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000)
HEAT-SINK: COOLER MASTER V8 (SOON TO BE UPGRADED TO A FULL SYSTEM WATER COOLING)
HDD: WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLACK SATA III 1TB
PSU: ENERMAX REVOLUTION 85+ 1050W
GPU: 2x Sapphire Radeon HD5870

Hear is what i would like to do with the water cooling or what i have been able to come up with so far.

RESERVOIR: XSPC Dual 5.25" Bay-DDC Dual Pump / Dual Split Reservoirs
PUMPS: Swiftech MCP355 (x2)
RADIATORS: (1x) Feser Xchanger triple 120mm (1x) Feser Xchanger double 120mm
CPU BLOCK: EK-Supreme HF Acetal+Nickle
MB FULL-BOARD BLOCK: EK-FB Asus X58 Acetal+Nickle
MOSFET: EK-Mosfet Asus X58 Kit Acetal+Nickle
VGA BLOCK: (2x) EK-FC5870 V2 Acetal+nickle
FANS: Undecided
ORIENTATION: Push

OK so that's the list of parts i would like to work with. As far as setup i would like to install the triple 120mm rad on inner top of case in push maybe put a shroud in as well. This will be loop one it will be CPU and motherboard. Loop 2 (double 120mm) i will place the second rad on back side of case with loop 2 cooling the two video cards. I don't know if this is a good setup but that's why you guys are hear so you can praise me or scold me and let me know what i should really do.
a c 86 K Overclocking
May 7, 2010 4:18:43 AM

Man a better title would be good. What do I think? I think taxes are too high............ Need to work on that OP.

Umm which rad goes on each loop?

Why cool the mobo? Do you know you really don't need to cool the mobo? Or is this a hack through parts lists because you have no clue for heatloads?

A decent start though, your close. Bit more to understand and figure out.
May 13, 2010 6:58:21 PM

first off..you should put your triple rad for your vid cards >.> they tend to put out way more heat then the rest of the computer.

double for the cpu, mobo, and other stuff...if it where me i would run 1/2 tubing to your major parts such as your vid cards and your cpu. on your cpu loop i would run something like this

res > pump > radiator > t fitting (1/2 inlet to a 1/4 and 1/2 outlet) > 1/2 to your cpu block and the 1/4 to your mobo parts > and t fitting back into res.

another suggestion...u should get the cooler master HAF full tower case...allows you to fit THREE dual 120mm rads in it =)
!