New PC with BSoD, stop 124

Nielin

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
Hey everyone,
I've build a new PC and I'm constantly getting BSoD with ***STOP : 0x0000124
Seeing that there are many ppl who know their way around PCs I tought I will ask you guys for help.

My original PC setup was :

MOBO : ASUS M3N-HD/HDMI
CPU : Phenom 9750
RAM : Kingston 2x2GB DDR2 1066MHz CL7 (ye i know CL7 is a joke, will get CL5/4 if i get the PC to work :x )
GFX : ASUS GeForce 9800GT
HDD : WD Raptor 150 and WD 500, both SATA.

I've put the PC together and installed Windows Vista Home 64bit. Everything seemed to work fine untill I tryed to play some games. Than I get the STOP 0x00000124 error (followed by 0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFFA800_____, ___... - the symbols after ...FA800 are always different).

I've already tryed many tests and things to solve this issue, so far no use.
Here is what I've done so far :

- Installed drivers from Asus, Nvidia, Windows update - both old and new. No change.
- Tested RAM, HDDs, cache on mobo, CPU - everything tested by multiple test for several hours, no errors whatsoever. But when i run test under windows and i try to do something (like pulling the window from one place to other) i am very likely to get BSoD when there is test in progress. In DOS, on boot tests, everything runs fine for 10+ hours.
- Exchanged RAM, HDDs, GFX, reinstaled windows.
- Instaled windows XP home 32 bit. Still crashed.
- updated Bios to newest version, tryed few other versions as well. Nothing.
- chcecked 32bit access to HDDs, disabled onboard sound, chcecked and played around with Voltages. No change.
- Temperatures are fine btw.
- Bought new MOBO - ASUS M3N78-EM - nothing changed, still the same BSoD.

I think thats about it, hope i havent forgot anything.

My current suspect is the CPU, but I cant replace it with another atm as i dont have anything that would go into AM2(+) socket and cant spend cash on new one atm when im not sure it will solve the issue.

btw - when i remove GFX card and try to run the PC on the onboard GPU only, the crashes seem to be way way more often, i can crash just after booting and opening single Firefox window or so. (that imho could point to the CPU issue as well as if i understand the matter correctly, it is in use way more when you dont use GFX card.)

I've uploaded the minidumps from windows/minidump directory, they are here :

http://rapidshare.com/files/173535003/Minidump.rar
or
http://files.filefront.com/Minidumprar/;12661287;/

If I've chosen wrong servers to upload, just tell me can reup it elsewhere.
Can also upload the dump file from windows root dir, but its rather large so i tought ill do it on demand if needed.

Thats about it i think - Any ideas or solutions are most welcome, i am trying to sort this out for weeks now and getting clueless

P.S.: My english is far from being perfect, so pls excuse all typos, weird words, grammar etc

Addendum : just remembered one maybe important information : When i updated bios for M3N-HD/HDMI to the newest version, i stopped getting BSoDs - PC just froze instead, requiring hard reset.

montyuk

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
i got this off this forum -
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=36079

Please perform the following steps to resolve the issue:

1. Go to the BIOS by pressing [DEL] during POST.
2. Go to Advanced Chipset Features.
3. Go to CPU Configuration
4. Select C1E Enhanced Halt State and set it to Disabled
5. Press [F10] to save the changes and exit.

so with the default settings your currently using in that new bios this setting is probably enabled at the minute.

Nielin

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
Done that, didnt work + afaik C1E is issue with intels + i crash in XP 32bit as well, the nvidia, vista, sound issue was fixed already by forceware 17X.XX iirc.

But thanks anyway :)