Sign in with
Your question

Power Supply.

Last response: in Motherboards
April 22, 2009 6:22:13 PM

I will be building my first PC very soon, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good but affordable motherboard, I would mostly use my new PC to edit Pictures on Photoshop CS2 and watch films. I've also been researching a good power supply, so far the CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI seems to be a goos choice, can anyone recommend anything better?

More about : power supply

a b ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
April 22, 2009 6:52:34 PM

It all depends on your overall budget. Are you looking at the $400, $600, $1,000 range? That's a great psu. However, if you are building a $400 pc, it's going to be way overkill.

1. How much are you looking to spend?
2. Is there any other main uses besides photshop and streaming video? Games?
3. Do you need an OS, monitor, mouse, and keyboard? Or just the tower?
April 22, 2009 7:02:51 PM

Hey Man thanks for the fast reply, I'm looking at a budget of $600. So far, I've purchased my case a Rosewill R5605-BK 0.8mm Japanese Cold Rolled Steel Front Mesh Design Dual 120mm Fans ATX Mid Tower Computer Case (It's a monster, had no idea it would be so big) Aside from my Photshop and movie streaming I would like to have a decent Blu ray drive. Working with photo shop requires alot of RAM and FAST CPU, still looking around for what would be best to suit my needs.
Related resources
April 22, 2009 7:16:41 PM

Corsair PSUs in general are very good. What size psu you should get will depend on the rest of your system.
a b ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
April 22, 2009 7:25:48 PM

If you need the items mentioned in #3, you are going to have a hard time building a pc that can handle photoshop well.
April 23, 2009 1:07:06 PM

Im on the TX650 Corsair, Great stable powerfull PSU, but not modular (if needed), runs quiet. Only "could be a minus", is long cables, but then again that could be a plus.
!