Best Monitor for Radeon 4870

bugrit

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2008
I have just bought an Asus 512Mb Radeon HD 4870 and would like a monitor that gets the most out of this card

Its main (only) use will be for gaming and budget will be around £200 - £300. Ideally i would like a 24", but would settle for 22" if price or quality dictates.

Cheers

What kind of space do you have in your computer area ? This dictates my max monitor size and when i upgrade soon im sticking to a 22" as a 24" screen would need me to move back further than i can. If you sit right on top of a 24" screen you dont see it properly and the image quality isnt what it should be.
If you have the room and can afford a 24" then they are said to work best if watching films is something you would do. The native resolution is closser to industry standard.
However as i said Im sticking with a 22" for the reasons i posted and also from a gaming performance point of view the card will handle a 22" screen with more ease than a 24". This would allow for the detail/ quality settings can be turned up.

Mactronix

M-Ajesty

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
That's right, I would go with a 22". The 24" actually requires 1GB of memory, to let it run top smoothly.

I would suggest a Samsung Syncmaster T220, I'm using it too and it's an awesome monitor. You have to adjust a few settings though. :)