Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

BodyShop crashing

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 8:15:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2,alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Last night, I was loading BodyShop after exiting the full game. While
I was waiting for it to load, I installed a floor using Sims2Pack
Clean Installer, thinking that because it wasn't clothesmakeup, etc.,
it wouldn't interfere with BodyShop. I don't know if that was what
caused the problem or not. After BodyShop finished loading, I got the
beginning screen, but when I clicked on Build or Clone a Sim, I got an
error message saying that the application had crashed and was shutting
down.

I tried to load BodyShop again, got the same crash; rebooted my
computer, got the same crash.

Today, I took all files out of the Downloads folder and tried again.
Crash.

I was worried that a problem with my dual-household Don or a hack
might have corrupted the whole game, so I backed up Pleasantview, the
neighborhood I played last night, rebooted (just to be on the safe
side), and loaded Sims 2. No problems going into Veronaville, which
I'd never gone in before. No problems going into Pleasantview. No
problems going into the Broke house, which I'd never played. I didn't
want to go into any of my played houses because I'd taken out my
downloads. No problems playing, saving, or exiting Sims 2.

But BodyShop still crashes when I try to go to Build or Clone a Sim.

Any suggestions on what else I can try, short of reinstalling?

BW

More about : bodyshop crashing

Anonymous
January 27, 2005 3:53:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2,alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

If you have windows xp
you could run a system recovery maybe
and weird ;-(

<barbara@bookpro.com> schreef in bericht
news:10vg5jqieathc41@corp.supernews.com...
> Last night, I was loading BodyShop after exiting the full game. While
> I was waiting for it to load, I installed a floor using Sims2Pack
> Clean Installer, thinking that because it wasn't clothesmakeup, etc.,
> it wouldn't interfere with BodyShop. I don't know if that was what
> caused the problem or not. After BodyShop finished loading, I got the
> beginning screen, but when I clicked on Build or Clone a Sim, I got an
> error message saying that the application had crashed and was shutting
> down.
>
> I tried to load BodyShop again, got the same crash; rebooted my
> computer, got the same crash.
>
> Today, I took all files out of the Downloads folder and tried again.
> Crash.
>
> I was worried that a problem with my dual-household Don or a hack
> might have corrupted the whole game, so I backed up Pleasantview, the
> neighborhood I played last night, rebooted (just to be on the safe
> side), and loaded Sims 2. No problems going into Veronaville, which
> I'd never gone in before. No problems going into Pleasantview. No
> problems going into the Broke house, which I'd never played. I didn't
> want to go into any of my played houses because I'd taken out my
> downloads. No problems playing, saving, or exiting Sims 2.
>
> But BodyShop still crashes when I try to go to Build or Clone a Sim.
>
> Any suggestions on what else I can try, short of reinstalling?
>
> BW
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 3:53:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2,alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:53:25 +0100, "Drs. muts" <opzouten@sukkel.nl>
wrote:

>If you have windows xp
>you could run a system recovery maybe
> and weird ;-(

I figured it out.

I took everything out of the Saved Sims folder, and BodyShop worked
fine. By trial and error, I determined that the problem was with one
or more of the .package files made from Pleasantview Sims via SimPE.
I have no idea why they suddenly crashed BodyShop last night after
being fine for a week or two, but I'm glad to have BodyShop working
again, downloads and all.

BW
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 3:53:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2,alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

<barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
news:10vgdjo4fr88997@corp.supernews.com...
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:53:25 +0100, "Drs. muts" <opzouten@sukkel.nl>
> wrote:
>
>>If you have windows xp
>>you could run a system recovery maybe
>> and weird ;-(
>
> I figured it out.
>
> I took everything out of the Saved Sims folder, and BodyShop worked
> fine. By trial and error, I determined that the problem was with one
> or more of the .package files made from Pleasantview Sims via SimPE.
> I have no idea why they suddenly crashed BodyShop last night after
> being fine for a week or two, but I'm glad to have BodyShop working
> again, downloads and all.

Yes, that happened to me, exactly the way you described it. And you'd
better hope that you can still play the sim whose packaged file you just
deleted, because in my case, that sim was completely ruined.

I posted about it in a thread I started called "well, this was damn creepy"
and detailed it further in a thread called "Deleting Partial Families".

I had two bad files, and fortunately one was fine after some fiddling, (she
initially didn't have a face) but the other was wholly screwed up, and I
still haven't been able to fix the situation this caused completely.

C
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 4:45:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2,alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

great ;-) but what a work ;-(
and realy bad it didnt crash the first time you applied the dl


<barbara@bookpro.com> schreef in bericht
news:10vgdjo4fr88997@corp.supernews.com...
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:53:25 +0100, "Drs. muts" <opzouten@sukkel.nl>
> wrote:
>
> >If you have windows xp
> >you could run a system recovery maybe
> > and weird ;-(
>
> I figured it out.
>
> I took everything out of the Saved Sims folder, and BodyShop worked
> fine. By trial and error, I determined that the problem was with one
> or more of the .package files made from Pleasantview Sims via SimPE.
> I have no idea why they suddenly crashed BodyShop last night after
> being fine for a week or two, but I'm glad to have BodyShop working
> again, downloads and all.
>
> BW
January 27, 2005 5:04:35 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2,alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Ah BW! I could've told you that but alas I had to go to University today
*shakes fists*
What happened to me was that I was performing a little plastic surgery on
Jill (one of my sweeter docile Sims) and ...ok I can be really
impatient...so I was clicking away, click, click, close, open, SimPE didn't
like that...and it somehow must've corrupted the .package file that I kept
clicking away at...
Remember kiddies...it's important to wait for the program to stop thinking
and then tell it what to do next
I learn that the hard way ;/ Every time

So, here I was thinking about how to change Jill...when Bodyshop crashed
I did everything you did (plus I kept screaming will you f**ing stop that!!?
but alas it didn't care for my abuse)... until I went into the Saved Sims
folder and deleted Jill...I had a suspicion it was her clone that was
causing all the problems
And yep, that's what it was. Bodyshop opened fine after that.

I know it doesn't help you at all..
erhm..NOW...but perhaps knowing how easy it is to corrupt Sims using
SimPE...
:) 
have a nice day!

--
- D
"Drs. muts" <opzouten@sukkel.nl> wrote in message
news:35qrtsF4opqniU1@individual.net...
> great ;-) but what a work ;-(
> and realy bad it didnt crash the first time you applied the dl
>
>
> <barbara@bookpro.com> schreef in bericht
> news:10vgdjo4fr88997@corp.supernews.com...
>> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:53:25 +0100, "Drs. muts" <opzouten@sukkel.nl>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >If you have windows xp
>> >you could run a system recovery maybe
>> > and weird ;-(
>>
>> I figured it out.
>>
>> I took everything out of the Saved Sims folder, and BodyShop worked
>> fine. By trial and error, I determined that the problem was with one
>> or more of the .package files made from Pleasantview Sims via SimPE.
>> I have no idea why they suddenly crashed BodyShop last night after
>> being fine for a week or two, but I'm glad to have BodyShop working
>> again, downloads and all.
>>
>> BW
>
>
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 1:19:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims-2,alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 23:32:10 -0500, "Charles Whitney"
<cbillingsw@yahoo.com> wrote:

>
><barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
>news:10vgdjo4fr88997@corp.supernews.com...
>> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:53:25 +0100, "Drs. muts" <opzouten@sukkel.nl>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>If you have windows xp
>>>you could run a system recovery maybe
>>> and weird ;-(
>>
>> I figured it out.
>>
>> I took everything out of the Saved Sims folder, and BodyShop worked
>> fine. By trial and error, I determined that the problem was with one
>> or more of the .package files made from Pleasantview Sims via SimPE.
>> I have no idea why they suddenly crashed BodyShop last night after
>> being fine for a week or two, but I'm glad to have BodyShop working
>> again, downloads and all.
>
>Yes, that happened to me, exactly the way you described it. And you'd
>better hope that you can still play the sim whose packaged file you just
>deleted, because in my case, that sim was completely ruined.
>
>I posted about it in a thread I started called "well, this was damn creepy"
>and detailed it further in a thread called "Deleting Partial Families".
>
>I had two bad files, and fortunately one was fine after some fiddling, (she
>initially didn't have a face) but the other was wholly screwed up, and I
>still haven't been able to fix the situation this caused completely.

What a bummer!

I was worried about what would happen when I went in the game. All
three of the Sims whose package files I deleted were in the Goth
family. I played it last night, and they were all fine. Whew! (But
I had a few versions of that neighborhood backed up, so I'd have gone
back to one of them if necessary.)

BW
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 8:38:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

I see from the other replies you found a bad skin file but just as a
warning, I wouldn't do that again (load up a floor file while Bodyshop is
loading). If you try to do the opposite - i.e. delete a file while either
Homecrafter or Bodyshop is loading (or the game itself for that matter), you
will get a notice that the file is 'in use' by another programme. It would
seem that each utility (Bodyshop or Homecrafter) reads ALL the games files
or folders while loading - even wall and floor files while you are loading
Bodyshop. 9 times out of 10 it probably won't make a difference but there's
always going to be the one time when the install programme interferes with
the utility.

Best wishes
Maxon

<barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
news:10vg5jqieathc41@corp.supernews.com...
> Last night, I was loading BodyShop after exiting the full game. While
> I was waiting for it to load, I installed a floor using Sims2Pack
> Clean Installer, thinking that because it wasn't clothesmakeup, etc.,
> it wouldn't interfere with BodyShop. I don't know if that was what
> caused the problem or not. After BodyShop finished loading, I got the
> beginning screen, but when I clicked on Build or Clone a Sim, I got an
> error message saying that the application had crashed and was shutting
> down.
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 8:38:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 17:38:21 GMT, "Maxon" <jen.magson@ntlworld.com>
wrote:

>I see from the other replies you found a bad skin file but just as a
>warning, I wouldn't do that again (load up a floor file while Bodyshop is
>loading).

I definitely won't. It was late at night, and I wasn't thinking
clearly. As soon as I clicked on Install, I thought, "This is
probably a bad idea."

Next time, I'll just play some Freecell or something while it's
loading.

BW
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 11:32:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

My latest sin is Yahoo games online - the Bejewelled game is just too
addictive.

Best wishes
Maxon


<barbara@bookpro.com> wrote in message
news:10vnkii4ckgi765@corp.supernews.com...
> On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 17:38:21 GMT, "Maxon" <jen.magson@ntlworld.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I see from the other replies you found a bad skin file but just as a
> >warning, I wouldn't do that again (load up a floor file while Bodyshop is
> >loading).
>
> I definitely won't. It was late at night, and I wasn't thinking
> clearly. As soon as I clicked on Install, I thought, "This is
> probably a bad idea."
>
> Next time, I'll just play some Freecell or something while it's
> loading.
>
> BW
!