Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Water Cooling setup

Last response: in Overclocking
May 7, 2010 5:59:09 PM

At the moment I am thinking of building a professional water cooling setup, and really this is my first time. I'm looking to cool an i7 930 and one HD 5850 on an Obsidian 800D Full tower case. These are the current items I am thinking to buy:

Black Ice GT Stealth 360 Radiator - Black

EK Dual Bay SPIN Reservoir w/ Flow Meter

Swiftech MCP655-B™ 12v Water Pump

Tygon R-3603 1/2" ID x2

Swiftech Apogee XT Extreme

EK-FC 5870 VGA Liquid Cooling Block

For the coolant I am thinking to use distilled water + silver coil and I am still not sure what fans to use, and I am not leaning towards push/pull. Your suggestions and help on this WC setup would be greatly appreciated.

More about : water cooling setup

Best solution

a c 86 K Overclocking
May 8, 2010 2:57:59 AM

Well replace the rad please. Your list is pretty darn good but thats an old rad and needs some friggin loud high CFM fans. You should look at the Swiftech MCR 120x3 size rad at the minimum size. Or if you got a bit more money look at the XSPC RX rad, Or the Black Ice SR-1 series.

Please go back the the 'read first' post up top and dig DEEP into Martins and Skinnees sites.

The GT is so old it's off the map.

Fans? Two choices.

Yate Loon High speeds on a fan controller (your almost underraded, really). Cheap and very popular fans.

Got a bit more cash? Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RPM. The best of regular 120mm fans right now.

More info, many stuff to bookmark, read for a week or so on the links before you pull the trigger.....
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=64893...
May 8, 2010 3:01:35 AM

Thanks alot for your reply
m
l
May 8, 2010 3:01:40 AM

Best answer selected by ringelos.
m
l
!