Sapphire Radeon HD 4670 - 512MB; S-Video-to-TV not working

yogi_bear_79

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2008
I just rebuilt my HTPC, with a Sapphire Radeon HD 4670 - 512MB card. The very first time I connected the S-Video cable the TV produced a B&W scrolling image of the computer's output. And since has never showed anything except a black screen. It doesn't show the POST, or any part of the boot process. I have a LCD hooked up temporarily to t-shoot. Normally all of my useage would be via RDC or playback via s-video to my TV.

I've tried just letting Windows detect the card and use it's drivers, the ones that came with the card, and finally I have these installed:

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=xp/aiwradeonx-xp

Catalyst Software Suite v8.12
ATI Multimedia Software v9.16

When I look at the displays via the ATI software, it basically doesn't look like it recognizes the TV is hooked up at all. My previous build had an old ATI AIW 128MB card, that I didn't have to do anything to connect the s-video.

korzal

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
i'm having the same problem =\

i had a radeon x800 with catalyst 8.12 drivers with svideo running to my tv as an extended desktop

now i can't get my tv detected at all with my new radeon 4850. same svideo cord, same drivers.

any help or fixes?

xaneth

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2007
I just got a Sapphire Radeon HD 4650 and I'm having the same problem. Getting the B&W scrolling screen on the secondary monitor. It looks like a vertical hold thing. About to send it in for a replacement since this is the reason I got this card.

darkender

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
I've got a Sapphire HD 4850 and can't get it to detect my TV...sucks my last card which was also a Radeon had no problem. I did find this though

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=91617&page=2

"UPDATE!!!!

ok i figured out whats causing it

IF THE CARD IS OVERCLOCKED AT ALL, THE SCREENS LOCK UP

kinda stumped as to why, considering the card is factory overclocked to 680/1050. i normally run the card at 700/1100 but thats not anything im gonna notice anyways

its been running for the past 2 days now fine at factory clocks, but 5 seconds after trying to overclock it. i get the green and black screens

ati needs to fix their shyt!"

Not sure if this will work as I haven't tried it yet but its worth a shot.

G

hello,

sorry for the bad englisch
i had the same problem as evrione.
and i found a solution.

i have a ati raidion 4850 from xfx and my os is win. 7 7100build
i whant to use my lcd screen and my tv togetter.
the lcd is on a dvi wiht vga adepter and the tv on the s-video

remove all of the ati drivers and ccc software.
hook up your screen and tv. go to screen adeption port of you com. (richt klik on oyu screen) thare select clone monitor with the tv.
windows 7 seports this withoud havind any card drivers instold.

then instal the ati driver from the windows 7 update screen.
ater this I instald the ati drivers V9.4 but in the custom vursion en selected the ati hydravision part to be NOT instald.

instal everyting els end reboot.

you wil see if you open ccc that the lcd monitor and the tv are clond togetter and you cant split them any more.

the only probleme that i have now is that my lcd screen only opperats on the 1024 x 768.
so everyting is a bit bigger.

i hope this will help you all