Cheese-kun

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
I am looking for a reasonably priced monitor that has HDMI ports and supports HDCP for PS3 and XBOX360. I was hoping you guys could suggest/recommend me one, as I am obviously not very good at this :sarcastic: HDMI being both audio and video, and that the monitor has a speaker port? (is that what its called?) So that I can connect my computer speakers to the monitor and still be able to use it for both my PC and the PS3/XBOX360. I was looking at the Dell S2409W 24-inch monitor and it seems it does have HDMI and speaker ports, I think... Can anybody double check for me? My budget for a monitor is about $300-350. Thanks! :D

I've owned two dell monitors, an 18" and a 20" (4::3 ratio) and loved both. But they WERE pricy (approx $800 when I bought them). Still have them.

Added - Just a side note Dell is just a distributer for monitors. They are a rebadged with their name on it.

If you can stetch that budget to $400 then I would recommend:
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001280

Bought it and love it. Additionally it is a HD TV and is capabile of 1080p

My 24'' Samsung Syncmaster T240 is god to me. 10,000:1 contrast (20,000:1 dynamic), audio pass-through for HDMI signal (very underrated feature), and its other features for around $400 (when I brought it at least)...It blows away my previous moniter.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008

High quality monitors can change your life my older monitor a viewsonic VP930b god that was the best monitor ever not great contrast because it's an old one but no matter at what angle i looked at it, the picture always looked the same god dam i loved that.

That (the viewing angle) is true with all higher quality (non-TN) panels. My Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP displays the same thing, plus it has amazing color and contrast.

Now, in the reasonably priced range, the Dell mentioned (the 2409) should do everything required.

To clarify my previous, the Syncmaster T240 has a optical port to Output audio that is carried over HDMI to another device (receiver or sound card). The moniter itself will not output sounds (few do these days anyway, and usually just mono sound anyway...)

billin30

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
Dont spend so much and just get this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236052

I have the 21.5" version and it is sweet. I would have gotten this one, but I got the 21.5" when it first came out and it was only 209. The left and right viewing angle is real good, but the up and down leaves something to be desired. But if you are sitting right in front of it (its going to be at your desk right), then it will be awesome. I use mine as an HDTV and have it hooked up as a dual monitor when needed. Simply button push and I can switch between then. Use HDMI-HDMI for PS3 and get a DVI-HDMI for the XBOX.