Gaming accesories Buying Guide (rescawen)

rescawen

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
Hi, I play a lot and I'd just like to advice people in buying Keyboards and Mouses. Well first of all if you play computer video games frequently then a keyboard and mouse is a must!

Well to begin with you must choose a mice suitable to your hand, go to some local electronics shop and maybe you get to try some.

If you are looking at Keyboards and mouses for gaming. Don't buy a cheap product. Buy a quality product and you won't regret it.

Usually the prices are around 100$.

The mouse I would personally suggest in a combo under 100 bucks would be logitech MX518 1800 dpi edition or razer death adder which is more popular and has slightly better performance. MX518 is 40 in newegg and deathadder is 50.

If you budget is very tight then there is a razer salmosa which is only 38, but performance wise I would't buy it.

If you want to spoil your self then there is the Razer Lachesis or logitech G9. You won't need these if your monitor resolution is under 1680x1050.

For the keyboard you must be accurate because keyboards depend on specific types of games you have. MMORPG or RPG, FPS, or Adventure/Action games need a Microsoft x6 which is only 56 in newegg, but it is worth far more. I have tried g15, and Razer lycosa which I own, but they are all worse then the Microsoft x6.

If your RTS heavy I'd recommend you a cheap keyboard, but the logitech g13 gaming pad which is great! , but expensive.

Overall: 85 bucks gaming combo at best price/performance would be MX518 and Razer arctosa which is also very good, but lacks backlight illuminator.

For 121 bucks you can get a G9 and a Microsoft x6 keyboard.

Thank you for reading and feel free to ask questions, pls do not flame :D

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
I also highly recommend Razer mice for gamer. I always hated the Logitech G15, glad to see I am not the only one. My keyboard of choice is the Saitek Eclipse II, it has great felling, backlights, and it is very responsive. Always remember, as the OP said to check them out before buying so that you can decide for yourself.