Computer freeze every 10 sec for half sec

webpsiho

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2008
Hello

I had a pin problem like 3 months ago by removing the CPU and got hang a pin, but fixes due some tutorials arround , the PCU worked without any problem untill few days ago when on Vista , playing some games, listening some music from local HDD or radio online, the computer start to freeze every 5 minutes for like 30 sec.
This thig started to be annoying already so I though is from OS.
I installed my XP SP2 .. all upgrades ..then start to freeze like hell from 5 in 5 seconds for 0.5-1 sec. I went in safe mode, scan disk .. no problem .. so I reboot the PC and I have seen was kinda "thinking" in cios check sistem, then after a long wait to load Windows SP got a bsod.

my current system is:
q6600 2.4ghz - arctic freezer pro7
4Gb ram - 2x2 Corsair 800 mb
nvidia 8800 GT Asus
2HDD`s - 250gb + 500 Gb seagade

I posted here because I dont think to any other problem just to that pin from CPU.
This may cause short freezing?

Thanks for reading this and ...
..looking forward to any suggestion

Cheers

Siggy19

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
Are all the cores running ?

It is possible that the pin has prevented one or more cores from working... if it were only running a single core, that would explain the freezes.

webpsiho

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2008
are working all cores and idle is 26.
i was keep looking on internet about this and I found here an article about Seagate HDD customers reported some similar problems about freezing on 1.5Tb model, but mine is 500Gb and OS is on separate WD 250

I hope is not CPU but i dont know the symptoms for a "dying" cpu

TRENDING THREADS