driver failure not able to get windows

ja78

Distinguished
May 21, 2011
Hello,

I was recently on my laptop when I noticed it startedf slowing down in downloading, and struggling to find an internet connection.I noticed a red box come up at the botom saying Driver failure. Another box came up telling me switch my computer off, so I did. When I tried to re-boot it, I couldn't get windows again. All I got was the black boot-up scrrens with the different options on re-booting like 'Restore to a previous setting', 'Safe mode' etc. I clicked on 'resume to windows as normal'. I took me to the windows logo, the screen went black, and then took me back to the boot-up screen again. So I tried all the different other options, and everyone just takes me round in circles- windows logo, and then boot up screen. How do I get out of this or fix it?

ja78

Distinguished
May 21, 2011
Sorry, I'm completely computer dumb. How do I download mcafee if I can't even access anything on my computer. I can't even get out of the boot up screen, and even then, I 've tried every option. I can't get my windows, I can't get the internet.

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
I did say re-install windows without formatting. You are on this website through a computer you can access, the anti-virus/malware is the last step before backing up your data, you will have your new windows install to use. I still suggest when done with above steps to at least do a quick format, if not delete partition and re-create partition then full format, for a clean windows installation. Hopefully this description is clearer to you.