Sage

Distinguished
May 20, 2001

I had a family all sick with the 'flu' and the little messages came up for
each sim. Then one came up saying "NPC carpool car is sick with the flu, he
will have to lay down and rest until he gets better".
I couldn't Believe my Eyes! Has anyone else had that one?
Also found that the Sims Painting increase in value. I went back to a house
I hadn't played for awhile and checked out a kind of dark bad painting. I
was going to sell it, thinking it would go for 500 or so, but when I took it
to sell it was worth 1,338 Simoleans! I'm wondering if it was done by one of
the elders who died and that's what made it worth more?
My Sims have at least one surprise a day for me... and so far, they've been
good surprises.
Sage

Sage wrote:
> I had a family all sick with the 'flu' and the little messages came up for
> each sim. Then one came up saying "NPC carpool car is sick with the flu, he
> will have to lay down and rest until he gets better".
> I couldn't Believe my Eyes! Has anyone else had that one?

No, but I had a sick Sim call in work for the day off, and the Sim
pictured giving his permission for her to stay home was not her boss but
her BROTHER (who, by the way, was a child at the time)!

> Also found that the Sims Painting increase in value. I went back to a house
> I hadn't played for awhile and checked out a kind of dark bad painting. I
> was going to sell it, thinking it would go for 500 or so, but when I took it
> to sell it was worth 1,338 Simoleans! I'm wondering if it was done by one of
> the elders who died and that's what made it worth more?

Artwork sometimes goes up in value, but it's not predictable; you can't
tell a good investment until you buy it and hold it a while, just like
in real life. It was that way in Sims 1, too.

--
--Cuth

Cuthbert Gurdlestone waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a
moose (OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:
> Artwork sometimes goes up in value, but it's not predictable; you
> can't tell a good investment until you buy it and hold it a while,
> just like in real life. It was that way in Sims 1, too.

Finding the paintings that appreciate in TS1 is easy if you have T-mog.
They're the ones with negative depreciation values.

--
--- Mike --- http://www.livin-it-up.net
Member of eKoOK (evil Kult of Object Kreators)
"The ultimate goal is load time of 24 hours!"
"The ultimate goal is filling every hard drive in the world!"
Mwahahaha!

Ohmikeghod wrote:
> Cuthbert Gurdlestone waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a
> moose (OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:
>
>>Artwork sometimes goes up in value, but it's not predictable; you
>>can't tell a good investment until you buy it and hold it a while,
>>just like in real life. It was that way in Sims 1, too.
>

> Finding the paintings that appreciate in TS1 is easy if you have T-mog.
> They're the ones with negative depreciation values.

Well, what fun is that???

--
--Cuth

Sage

Distinguished
May 20, 2001

> Sage wrote:
>> I had a family all sick with the 'flu' and the little messages came up
>> for each sim. Then one came up saying "NPC carpool car is sick with the
>> flu, he will have to lay down and rest until he gets better".
>> I couldn't Believe my Eyes! Has anyone else had that one?
>
> No, but I had a sick Sim call in work for the day off, and the Sim
> pictured giving his permission for her to stay home was not her boss but
> her BROTHER (who, by the way, was a child at the time)!

Think I read about that... but a Car?

>> Also found that the Sims Painting increase in value. I went back to a
>> house I hadn't played for awhile and checked out a kind of dark bad
>> painting. I was going to sell it, thinking it would go for 500 or so, but
>> when I took it to sell it was worth 1,338 Simoleans! I'm wondering if it
>> was done by one of the elders who died and that's what made it worth
>> more?
>
> Artwork sometimes goes up in value, but it's not predictable; you can't
> tell a good investment until you buy it and hold it a while, just like in
> real life. It was that way in Sims 1, too.

Yes I know it happened in Sims1, but those were paintings you had previously
Bought.
This was one a Sim painted.
Sage

> --
> --Cuth

Sage

Distinguished
May 20, 2001

"Ohmikeghod" <ohmikeghod@mirthlink.net> wrote in message
> Cuthbert Gurdlestone waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a
> moose (OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:
>> Artwork sometimes goes up in value, but it's not predictable; you
>> can't tell a good investment until you buy it and hold it a while,
>> just like in real life. It was that way in Sims 1, too.
>
> Finding the paintings that appreciate in TS1 is easy if you have T-mog.
> They're the ones with negative depreciation values.

I never used T-mog... I'm not talented in that area. :-/
I can't even understand SimPE, when I open it, then a neighborhood or
whatever, all *I* get are NUMBERS and what do I do with Them? I go
completely Blank just looking at them!
Sage

> --
> --- Mike --- http://www.livin-it-up.net
> Member of eKoOK (evil Kult of Object Kreators)
> "The ultimate goal is load time of 24 hours!"
> "The ultimate goal is filling every hard drive in the world!"
> Mwahahaha!

Hi,
I have had the Sick Car notice also, and if that isn't weird
enough when one of the sims from that house decided to
move out and the menu for who should move out with him
came up on the screen the CAR was listed along with the other family
members, I should have picked it to move out just to see what would happen.
Do you think it would have gotten in the taxi to depart with the other sim?
lol
Mazz

Sage wrote:

>>Artwork sometimes goes up in value, but it's not predictable; you can't
>>tell a good investment until you buy it and hold it a while, just like in
>>real life. It was that way in Sims 1, too.
>

> Yes I know it happened in Sims1, but those were paintings you had previously
> Bought.
> This was one a Sim painted.

Well, I'd imagine the value depends upon how many creativity points your
Sim has, but that's just a guess.

--
--Cuth