Antec 300 Cable management for MB power cords...

I just got my Antec 300 and OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ550FTY 550W I know the main 24 pin will run along the bottom of the case next to the cages, but what should I do about the 4 pin CPU power cord? It doesnt seem like there are a lot of good places to put holes in the tray to get the cord to the proper location on my MB back by the Mouse and Keyboard connectors.. I'm guessing I dont want to run it directly under the MB soo... suggestions?
9 answers Last reply
More about antec cable management power cords
  1. I have mine running along the edge of the MB. Unfortunately, the cable for my Corsair PSU is almost too short, so it actually goes over the MB in one place. I didn't think it was worth punching holes in a $50 case....

    In the pic you can see the cable over the RAM, but fortunately it never actually touches anything:
  2. yeah it seems like a lot of work for a case I'm swapping out in 30 days or so for one that has pre-made holed. Eventually I'll be giving this one to my GF and building her a machine that will run Diablo 3, imagine though I'll run into the same issues there but she wont need a new machine until closer to D3 launch.. I may have my friend power coat it before then anyway so maybe I'll wait to mod it to much until after I yank the guts back out and it is Empty.. really wish it had a exhaust port under the PSU as well.. pretty much a waste of a red LED on the PSU when it points down into the floor of the MB...
  3. The 300 has notches to allow your PSU to sit either way.
  4. samuraijack69 said:
    I just got my Antec 300 and OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ550FTY 550W I know the main 24 pin will run along the bottom of the case next to the cages, but what should I do about the 4 pin CPU power cord? It doesnt seem like there are a lot of good places to put holes in the tray to get the cord to the proper location on my MB back by the Mouse and Keyboard connectors.. I'm guessing I dont want to run it directly under the MB soo... suggestions?

    Why not run it under the corner of the mobo? It is well insulated.

    You could also get an extender.
  5. B-Unit said:
    The 300 has notches to allow your PSU to sit either way.


    Why would you want your PSU fan blowing down if there is no fan hole at the bottom of the case?
  6. geofelt said:
    Why not run it under the corner of the mobo? It is well insulated.


    Don't know about the OCZ PSU, but my Corsair's cables were too fat to do that without bending the motherboard. There really isn't a whole lot of room between the mobo and the case.
  7. Well with having to point the UPS fan upward into the main compartment, the only real available option was to run it up alone the back of the case over the slots, over the exhaust fan and add an 8" extender.. but my machine lives so I must be doing something right
  8. too bad you don't have modular p.s.u. much easier I love my antec 300 best eal for the money cablemanagement much easier with modular p.s.u.'s
  9. RJosephCrouse said:
    too bad you don't have modular p.s.u. much easier I love my antec 300 best eal for the money cablemanagement much easier with modular p.s.u.'s

    The Fatal1ty 550w is a modular PSU. I have one.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Antec Management Power Components