Modifying a Heatsink.

CFTait

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
Well, I have a XIGMATEK HDT-SD964 92mm Rifle CPU Cooler and the bottom, that sits on top of the CPU isn't exactly flat, or a smooth surface, so I was thinking of either getting a copper or aluminum plate and mounting it on top, so it's a smooth and flat surface; how would I, or what would be the proper was of attaching the Copper or Aluminum plate on the bottom of the Heatsink?

I don't think any type of "Super Glue" would be appropriate, as that may hold the heat?

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

CFTait.

CFTait

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
That's why I was thinking about getting a thin plate of Copper or Aluminum to mount on the bottom surface where it makes contact with the CPU, but I couldn't think of anything to mount it with (ie. glue, tape, weld etc.) I'm not going to do either of the three (3) examples, they're what they are, just examples :)

Glad I could stop you before you glued anything man :) As Shadow said, go careful, youll be fine as long as you dont get heavy-handed with the sandpaper :) remember you can always sand more off, but you cant put it back once sanded, little at a time :) Good luck with it