Help :) Should I Upgrade My PC Or Should I Wait

eXtreme

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2008
I am planning to upgrade my current PC with a new one (basically buying a new PC)
i do not know if i should upgrade to Core 2 Quad (now with i7 released) or should i wait a little bit longer because i am planning to upgrade almost everything to:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
Mobo: ASUS P5Q-E
Ram: Kingston 4 GB Ram
Graphics Card: Sapphire HD 4850 Dual Slot Fansink
PSU: i haven't decided yet (Suggestions Please :) )
Should i wait for i7 or should i just upgrade? (i7 is too expensive)
EDIT:I considered buying Intel Core i7 920 but then I'll have to buy DDR3 Ram and X58 Mobo I think I'll just wait till next summer and see the prices and upgrade then.Thanks to all who replied.
~as I mentioned above it's not really upgrading because i'm basically buying a new PC without HDD,Case nor Monitor (Maybe later on) and I did not mention my old PC because i probably won't use anything from it after upgrading~

njalterio

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
You should go to hell for saying "w8"
Unless you feel the need play Crysis at high settings and resolution your computer is fine.

EDIT: At least wait until more demanding games come out so you actually use your new hardware (again, Crysis excluded).

bruce555

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2006
Well Mr eXtreme, as far as I see you never posted any specs of your current system so that people can asses if any upgrades are warranted and you can survive with what you got till i7 is feasable to you.

lol @ njalterio "your computer is fine." What computer? The only thing I see is his question to upgrade to a Q6600 or wait for a i7.

That HEC PSU has got to go. HEC PSU's are ticking time bombs. You need a quality PSU from Corsair, PC Power & Cooling, Antec, OCZ, Zalman, etc...

I don't know where you're planning on buying parts, but here's a link to a very nice PSU for a good price:

PC Power & Cooling S61EPS 610W Continuous @ 40°C EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817703005 $94.99 - $35.00 MIR

njalterio

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
Oh geez.........I saw the parts he posted and thought that was his computer.

He started the sentence with "now with i7...", and then proceeded to ask about the q6600, and then if he should "w8".
Again, use some proper English with correct sentence structure so I can figure out what the hell you are trying to ask.

eXtreme

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2008

Sorry about that

eXtreme

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2008

Thanks for notifying me,and for the suggested PSU