ASUS P5N-EM 775 HDMI and realtek sound driver installation problems.

will413

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
I am having an installation problem of my Realtek sound drivers. When I install the drivers without rebooting my system my sound comes through like it should, but when I reboot I have no sound to my system except when I go to the realtek control panel it will play the 3D example real loud, but I can go to windows xp sound and audio devices utility, and it shows that there is no sound device installed on my system.

When I uninstall and reinstall the drivers the windows xp sound and audio device utility shows that I have the Realtek sound device installed on my system again, and I have sound. When I reboot the system the same thing happens again.

Does anyone have a answer to this problem?

krillz

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
1) do you have the correct drivers?

2) Install the drivers through the device manager, found in System.
You should see the audio device not being correctly installed marked with a yellow color if I'm not mistaken, then select install drivers.. pinpoint the installer to the folder where the drivers are located and install.

3) Some old drivers are still left haunting your system, do a complete driver sweep for your audio device to make sure no old ones are left, use driver sweeper or some other software.

will413

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
When I install drivers there's no yellow marker to see. The drivers are off the Asus setup disk. I just downloaded more drivers off the Asus website to see if I still have a problem with the new ones, and even the new drivers aren't working.

The sound cuts off before windows shuts down because the sound that windows plays is not heard as the system goes down.