Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Live File System

Last response: in Storage
June 3, 2010 1:47:36 PM

Hello Everyone!!!!!!!
One day when i was browsing through my windows 7 i found an amazing feature of creating CD/DVD as a flash drive. I googled about this but had some confusions:
*Once data is written on them will that space be reusable(after deleting those files) in case of Non Rewritable disks?
*Can the same disk be reformatted to work as a normal disk?
*will it use full dvd5 memory for data storage or just some % memory of it?

More about : live file system

a b G Storage
June 3, 2010 2:36:49 PM

*Only works on re-writeable discs.
*If is re-writeable, yes
* there is a small space overhead for the type of formating, but almost all of the discs capacity should be accessable.
*discs may not be recognized on other machines
m
l
June 6, 2010 7:10:40 PM

canadian69 said:
*Only works on re-writeable discs.
*If is re-writeable, yes
* there is a small space overhead for the type of formating, but almost all of the discs capacity should be accessable.
*discs may not be recognized on other machines

Hey Thanks for the reply but then what is the use of this feature as any Rewritable disk can be used multiple times & can be reformatted.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b G Storage
June 6, 2010 9:25:02 PM

I agree. The special format allows it to be used in real time as though it were an actual hard drive, vs. the burn/erase/reburn process.

Personally external USB memory keys and external USB harddrives are more convenient and way faster.
June 10, 2010 6:54:36 AM

canadian69 said:
I agree. The special format allows it to be used in real time as though it were an actual hard drive, vs. the burn/erase/reburn process.

Personally external USB memory keys and external USB harddrives are more convenient and way faster.

Okay i got it now. I guess the feature is of no use. Well THANKS for the reply :hello: 
m
l
a b G Storage
June 10, 2010 3:20:16 PM

Best answer selected by aford10.
m
l
!