OCZ Reaper+P6TDeluxe v2+IFX-14?

ryogasama

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
Hello all new to the forums but a long time lurker. I Currently have a Asus P6TDeluxe V2 motherboard for my i7 chip. I have the OCZ Reaper memory as well. I am wondering if anybody out there with a similar configuration was able to install the Thermalright IFX-14 Heatsink. I have been looking at it online trying to decide if the darn thing will fit over the OCZ Reaper memory. Rather than spend a bunch of time and money to test it, I put my question to the community. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

r_manic

Administrator
You can try measuring the available space where you plan to put in the heatsink. Then you can just look up the dimensions of the heatsink you want to install online, and see if everything fits and you have enough space to do what you want.

ryogasama

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
The dimensions aren't the best way to make sure. They measure the maximum size of the unit, but a lot of times as in this case the bottom is quite obviously a different dimension than the heatsink part. There isn't too much information on how much clearance is available for how many mm before it goes to it's full size.