TS2: Question about saving game before uninstall.

Hi All,

I was just wondering.
How do I keep my saved game in The Sims 2 if I would want to uninstall
the game.
I would hate to lose all I have done sofar.
In the Sims 1 it was pretty easy, but now I haven't got a clue.
Thanks in advance :-)

Elly.
3 answers Last reply
More about question saving game uninstall

    Elly said the following on 01/28/2005 11:57:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I was just wondering.
    > How do I keep my saved game in The Sims 2 if I would want to uninstall
    > the game.
    > I would hate to lose all I have done sofar.
    > In the Sims 1 it was pretty easy, but now I haven't got a clue.
    > Thanks in advance :-)
    >
    > Elly.

    Had to do this a couple of days ago. Just uninstalled Sims2, told it to
    keep the stuff in My Docs\... reinstalled it and everything was happy.
    If you want to be extra safe you can copy My Docs\EA Games\The Sims 2
    to somewhere else then, if your saved data isn't there after you
    re-install move your copy back again :-)

    --
    Glyn Royds .-=^=-. Xavier Educational Software Limited
    Special Software for Special Needs

    Am Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:57:33 +0100 schrieb Elly:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I was just wondering.
    > How do I keep my saved game in The Sims 2 if I would want to uninstall
    > the game.
    > I would hate to lose all I have done sofar.
    > In the Sims 1 it was pretty easy, but now I haven't got a clue.
    > Thanks in advance :-)

    Just go to "My Documents - EA Games" and save the whole The Sims
    folder to a CD or to another folder or something like that. All your
    game data is in there :)

    Dorte

    Wow, thank you both for your quick response :-)
    I will do what you said, and burn it on cd, no problem.
    Thank you very, very much :-))

    Elly.

Sims Games Video Games