Computer Management Local, access denied?

garu

Hi,

I can connect to a locall computer using Computer Mangement (Local) but it
doesn't allow me to view or change anything. Access is denied pops up.

Is there any service that I need to start on the remote machine to manage it
remotely?

Any hits would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Garu

I recently upgraded a machine from 2000 Pro to XP Pro and now get the same message. It seems as though i'm going about the same tactics you do to connect:

Computer Management>Connect to Another Computer Snap-In>[machine name]> "OK"

As soon as I do that, I normally check the event viewer on the machine, but get Access Denied. I also have a red "X" on Local Users and Groups.

I've tried checking security, policies, permissions, etc. I still am stumped.