curioustechguy

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2008
When connecting my video card's DVI to the TV's HDMI, I have good video but no audio, which I knew would happen. Not wanting to listen to my computer when watching TV, I'd like to connect my computer (audio) to TV's in (audio), just like an HDMI signal carries audio. What's the best way to do that? My motherboard has 7.1 surround sound, with the headphone jack connected to the computer speakers. My TV has a 'coax in' that is synchronized with the HDMI, so I guess I need to use that.

Is there a typical, or best way to get sound in concert with a DVI --> HDMI signal? The computer is 15 ft away from the TV so I'll need a long wire. I wish they made a DVI + Audio ---> HDMI connector.

Thanks,
David

curioustechguy

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2008

Wow - this forum blows - not a single reply.

For all those with a similar situation; run a long headphone wire from your motherboard to the Red / White RCA ports that are part of the HDMI in. I needed an adapter for conversion.

motherboard line out --> 15 ft male / male 3.5 mm wire --> female 3.5mm in to Red / White RCA out --> RCA ports for HDMI. The TV needed to be set to "analog audio" for this to work. Hope this helps others. Last time using Toms